The trailer for the superhero threequel Thor: Ragnarok has raked in over 136 million views since its debut on Monday. And no, despite what he say on Twitter, we don’t think Marvel writer and former 2000AD editor Andy Diggle can be responsible alone.
Day two. Still can’t stop watching the Ragnarok trailer. Send help.
— Andy Diggle (@andydiggle) April 11, 2017
The first trailer for the third instalment in Marvel’s Thor series, Thor: Ragnarok, directed by Taika Waititi, debuted on Monday, garnering the highest ever view count for a Disney trailer in 24 hours, showing the first glimpse at the clash between Thor and Hulk. It generated over 136 million views in the 24-hour period, sailing past Disney’s previous record-holder, Beauty and the Beast, which generated 127.6 million.
The film sees Thor confront the gods to the gods when Asgard is threatened with Ragnarok, the Norse apocalypse.
The cast for the new film stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban and Mark Ruffalo.
• Thor: Ragnarok arrives in UK cinemas 27th October 2017 | Follow Thor: Ragnorok on Facebook
- Follow Marvel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/marvel
- Like Marvel on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/Marvel
- Tumblr: http://marvelentertainment.tumblr.com/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/marvel
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+marvel/
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/marvelofficial/