30th September 2019 marks 54 years since Thunderbirds debuted on TV screens in the UK – and the world has never been the same since. To celebrate Thunderbirds Day 2019, Century 21 Films have prepared a FAB feast for Thunderbirds fans everywhere on Twitch and Periscope channels, as fans will be able to watch all three Thunderbirds 1965 stories produced for the series’ 50th Anniversary in 2015 – plus three “new” adaptations of Century 21 Records audio adventures released in the 1960s.
The episodes have been highly requested since the successful completion of their Kickstarter campaign and are not available to buy, so now is the perfect time to watch them if you’ve missed out before.
But that’s not all! Fans will also be able to enjoy brand new Supermarionation puppet goodness too, as Century 21 Films present screen adaptations of the popular 1960’s Mini Albums Trapped in the Sky (AKA Thunderbird 1) narrated by Scott, End of the Road (AKA Thunderbird 2) narrated by Brains and Vault of Death narrated by Lady Penelope.
There’s also a plethora of interviews, an opportunity to watch the super Century 21 Slough documentary and more.
Also that day, The Gerry Anderson Store will also be launching a range of time-limited Thunderbirds day products – only available 28th-30th September 2019.
In the run up to this year’s celebrations, a new toy line based on the Thunderbirds Are Go TV series was launched at the beginning of this month. The Motion-Tech range includes Thunderbird 1, Thunderbird 3 and Thunderbird 2 with Thunderbird 4 inside and is available online in the UK through Argos and Amazon, as well as in independent toy stores. In New Zealand you can find them exclusively at The Warehouse and in Australia they will be available at Mr Toys, Toyworld and independent stores.
THUNDERBIRDS DAY CENTURY 21 SCHEDULE
The schedule will include the following content, on a loop between the times specified above:
• Introducing Thunderbirds (50th anniversary special episode)
• Gerry Anderson Interview (Gerry discusses how Thunderbirds was created)
• NEW: Trapped in the Sky (Scott Tracy narrates International Rescue’s first operation)
• The Abominable Snowman (50th anniversary special episode)
• Century 21 Slough (Documentary: Original crew members visit the old Thunderbirds studios on the eve of their demolition)
• NEW: End of the Road (Brains narrates the story of another International Rescue operation)
• Doug Luke Interview (Century 21 stills photographer Doug Luke discusses his time working on the Supermarionation productions)
• Mike Trim Interview (Mike Trim discusses his time working at Century 21 and on Thunderbirds)
• The Stately Homes Robberies (50th anniversary special episode)
• Thunderbirds 1965 (Documentary: The crew of the 50th anniversary specials discuss the behind the scenes process)
• NEW: Vault of Death (Lady Penelope tells of the time International Rescue was called to rescue a man trapped in the vault of the Bank of England)
• Plus newly produced interstitials and idents featuring the craft and characters from Thunderbirds and rare archive footage.
This story was updated on 30th September to note the change in streaming plans