Now this is genius – and a great way to raise money for charities, too. Digital Giving, an organisation which develops engaging and innovative projects for the benefit of national and international causes, has just launched a unique way of raising funds through a free mobile and web app.
T-shirt Booth enables users to purchase personalised T-shirts featuring their favourite children’s characters – while raising money for good causes.
The charity is working with licensors to acquire permission to use a huge range of children’s characters from companies such as DC Thomson and Cartoon Network – and has secured deals to feature images from Adventure Time, The Beano Ben 10, Moshi Monsters, Paddington Bear and Rastamouse to name but a few, along with other brands such as the table football game, Subbuteo.
The app was launched earlier this week, so orders can be completed just in time for Christmas.
Jamie Goldblatt, Co-Founder of Digital Giving, said: “This is a really fun, innovative way of fund-raising. There is nothing else like it on the market. I’m really proud that we’ve developed this unique way of helping charities.”
“T-Shirt Booth provides an easy way for people to buy a unique, personalised, quality product while helping a good cause,” added Tracey Richardson, Head of Research at Digital Giving. “And, they can do it from the palm of their hand.”
Let’s hope more licensors join in with this.
Among the charity and character partnerships that are available at launch are:
- Ben 10, LazyTownand Adventure Time (Cartoon Network Enterprises) for Plan
- Bin Weevils for WellChild
- Cheeky Little Monsters for Children with Cancer
- Forever Friends for Tommy’s
- The Froobles for Heart UK
- Paddington Bear for Action Medical Research
- Moshi Monsters for Action for Children
- Rastamouse for Nordoff Robbins
Additional partnerships will be added throughout October and November including
- Bananaman for Diabetes UK
- The Beano for the Yellow Ball Foundation
- Humphrey’s Corner for The Children’s Trust
- My Cat Pip for Cats Protection
- Oor Wullie for The KiltWalk
- Rachel Ellen Designs for Rays of Sunshine
- Silentnight for Dreams Come True
- Thelwell Ponies for Riding for the Disabled Association
• Digital Giving web site: www.digital-giving.com