The slow-burn folk-chiller “Thistlebone” by T.C. Eglington, with art by Simon Davis comes to its spine-tingling climax in this 2000AD – so naturally, the strip is on the cover, and we’re betting the startling image will cause some chatter!
Inside, we’re also treated to “Judge Dredd”, “Feral & Foe”, “Dry Spell” – a Tharg’s Terror Tale from John Tomlinson and Steve Austin – plus the wrap to the wonderful “Symbiotic Love Triangle” from Arthur Wyatt and Pye Parr.
What a mix! But of course you don’t want to head to your newsagents or comic shop, for just one comic, do you? Because Judge Dredd Megazine Issue 432, featuring a smashing cover by Cliff Robinson & Dylan Teague, is out now, too!
Two new stories start this issue – Devlin Waugh commences a major arc in “The Reckoning” by Aleš Kot and Mike Dowling, and The Returners are back for their final series, “Amazonia”, scripted by the much-missed Si Spencer and drawn by Nicolo Assirelli.
Elsewhere, there’s the latest instalment of “Diamond Dogs II”, the concluding chapter of “Judge Dredd: Don’t Drokk With Bob”, and the penultimate part of “Deliverance”, plus there’s chat with writer Cavan Scott – who collaborates with Paul Davidson on another “Anderson, Psi-Division” strip in the new 2000AD Regened prog, out 26 May – and ahead of this month’s new Adam Eterno collection from the Treasury of British Comics, Stephen Jewell takes a deep dive into the history of one of the UK’s most
popular newsstand anthologies, Valiant, home to The Steel Claw, Captain Hurricane, and many others characters.
Talking of Valiant, how about a snap of the comic’s editor, Stewart Wales, at his desk back in 1974, after the title merged with Lion, courtesy of former Tharg Steve MacManus? Anyone out know where Stewart is now? Some of the covers on the wall behind him date from August and September 1974, with art by Mike Western.
Next week’s 2000AD Regened all-ages takeover by Tharg’s super-talented nephew Joko-Jargo offers another forty-eight pages of zarjaz complete stories, featuring Cadet Dredd, Anderson, Psi-Division, Pandora Perfect and Department K, brought to you by the creative brain-matter of Roger Langridge, Brett Parson, Cavan Scott, Paul Davidson, Rory McConville, PJ Holden, Liam Johnson, Jake Lynch, and more!
Recent Rebellion Releases
Evil Genius 2 Special
In newsagents now is the Evil Genius 2 Special, tying in with the launch of the lair-building strategy management game Evil Genius 2 – World Domination. This magazine special takes you behind-the-scenes on the new chapter in this acclaimed title, featuring interviews with the creative team behind the game, character profiles of all the new playable characters and a rundown of the new special features. It also includes brand new comic book stories featuring the Evil Genius characters, their put-upon henchmen, and their downtrodden minions!
• Devlin Waugh: Blood Debt – 13 May 2021
• Fill Tilt Boogie – 13 May
Upcoming May 2021 Releases
• Adam Eterno – 27th May
A brand-new paperback edition reprinting the earliest adventures of one of the post popular characters in British comics – the time-travelling adventurer to rival Doctor Who!
1580, London. Adam Eterno was working as an assistant to the great alchemist Erasmus Hemlock who had just achieved his life’s goal creating the ‘Elixir of Life’! Adam swallowed the potion, defying his masters orders. With his last breath, Erasmus placed a curse upon Adam, wishing him immortality. Unless Adam is struck over the head with a solid gold object, he is, “doomed to wander through the labyrinths of time…!”
From the high seas of 1770 to the Western Front in 1916, follow Adam Eterno’s earliest adventures from the pages of Thunder.
June 2021 Releases
• Slaughter Bowl (Digital Only) – 2 June
• Tammy & Jinty Remixed – 10th June
There’s a great line-up of creators on this, including Kate Ashwin, best known as the creator of the Victorian-era wizard adventure Widdershins; Rachael Ball, currently working on her third graphic novel The Patsy Papers which is based on her experiences of teaching in secondary schools; Emma Beeby, whose credits include “Judge Dredd” and several other strips for 2000AD; DaNi, artist on 2000AD’s “Fiends of the Eastern Front” and IDW’s Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency and DC’s Sandman – The Dreaming; V.V. Glass, an illustrator and cover artist who’s worked with Titan, Oni Press, 2000AD, and MTV; 2000AD stalwart P. J. Holden; and Yishan Li ,whose recent works include: Swing for Top Cow/Image) and Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1956, for Dark Horse.
• Judge Dredd: Guatemala – 22nd June
• Battler Britton – War Picture Library by Hugo Pratt – 24th June
July 2021 Releases
• 2000AD Regened Volume 2 – 6th July
• Aquila Volume 2 (Digital Only) – 7th July 2021
• The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume III – 20th July
• Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Vol. 37– 22nd July
August 2021 Releases
• Bad City Blue (Digital Only) – Release Date: 4th August 2021
• Ken Reid’s Football Funnies: The First Half – 5th August
• Lawless Volume 3: Ashes to Ashes – 5th August
• Hershey: Disease – 17th August
• The Stainless Steel Rat – 19th August
• Essential Judge Dredd: Origins – 31st August
September 2021 Releases
• Firekind (Digital Only)
• Sláine: Dragontamer – 2nd September
• Dark Judges: The Fall of Deadworld Vol. 3 – 14th September
• The Thirteenth Floor Volume 3 – 16th September
October 2021 Releases
• Black Max Volume 2 – 14th October
• Fiends of the Eastern Front – 14th October
• Megatropolis – 14th October
• Roy of the Rovers: New Digs – 28th October 2021
November 2021 Releases
• Tales from the Black Museum Volume 1 (Digital Only) – 3rd November 2021
• Judge Dredd: Dreadnoughts – 9th November
• Misty Presents: The Jaume Rumeu Collection– 11th November
• Brink Volume 4 – 23rd November
• The Treasury of British Comics Presents: The Tom Paterson Collection – 25th November
December 2021 Releases
• Durham Red – Born Bad (Digital Only) – 1st December 2021
• Hellman of Hammer Force – 9th December
• Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Volume 38 – 9th December
• Scarlet Traces Volume 3 – 9th December
2000AD AND TREASURY OF BRITISH COMICS SPECIALS 2021
All three Specials will be available from all good newsagents and comic book stores, as well as from the 2000AD and Treasury of British Comics webshops
Black Beth and the Devils of Al-Kadesh
Publication date: 23rd June 2021
After her appearance in Rebellion’s previous Scream! & Misty Specials, the sword-swinging Black Beth is back, written by Alec Worley (Durham Red) and drawn by DaNi (Coffin Bound),
2000AD Sci-Fi Special
Publication date: 7th July 2021
This year’s 2000AD Sci-Fi Special – a staple part of 2000AD’s publishing DNA for decades – offers a fantastic collection of original Dredd-world stories, all connected to the same over-arching narrative and plotted by writers Mike Carroll (Judge Dredd) and Maura McHugh (Anderson, Psi Division).
Dive into the dystopian world of Judge Dredd as he brings law to the lawless on the mean streets of Mega-City One!
The Monster Fun Halloween Spooktacular
Publication date: 22nd September 2021
Back for Halloween 2021, join the Treasury of British Comics’ creepiest and coolest goblins, ghouls and vamps for brand new, HELL-arious comic strips.