Pat Mills new comic anthology Spacewarp is now available to pre order as a digital edition – and there’s now an official web site to find out more about the anthology, too, which features exclusive online stories, too.
A physical edition of Spacewarp is also in the works, distributed by Getmycomics.com to local comic shops later this year.
Spacewarp is aimed at a mainstream audience, age group 14 – 40, with female and male heroes from a wide range of backgrounds and ethnicities.
“Spacewarp is not aimed at adult, elitist or nostalgia readers,” says 2000AD creator Pat, “but the ordinary reader that publishers stopped listening to a long time ago.
“Readers like my original 2000AD readers, who bought my creation every week. All 200,000 of them.”
As we previously reported, due to the current conditions, resulting from the Coronavirus Pandemic, there will be a digital release of the first issue mid-year, followed by a print release to all good comic shops around October, depending on restrictions then.
Offering a terrific-sounding mix of stories featuring space cops, mutant secret agents, killer robots, virus armies and alien invasions, Issue One (Phase One) of Spacewarp is a 60 plus page anthology.
Comprising six comic strips with accompanying features in the comic and on the web to make them an immersive experience, all the stories are hero-focused, self-contained and interlocking in the Spacewarp Universe.
All the stories featured are creator-owned between the writer Pat Mills and the artists, achieving a higher standard than the old school ‘selling all rights’ system.
Here’s a teaser of what to expect…
• “Special Forces One” at war with Giant Viruses. Co-created with artist Ade Hughes. More details here
• Jurassic Punx versus Dinosaurs. Co-created with artist Bruno Stahl – More details here
• Xecutioners: authorised to terminate Aliens! Co-created with artist Gareth Sleightholme – More details here
• Slayer – one Robot in a Galactic war against a million Space Knights. Co-created with artist James Newell. More details here
• Hellbreaker escapes from Hell to punish the Living. Co-created with artist Ian Ashcroft. More details here
• Fu-tant – a terrifying school for Mutants! Co-created with artist Mike Donaldson – More details here
In short – inventive, action-packed, heartfelt, heroic, humorous, fast-paced and fantastic value for money – as only the Brits know how.
All the stories featured are complete in Phase One, so you don’t wait for the next issue to find out what happens.
Plus – there’s a free bonus story Future Schlock: BRANDED! and extras on spacewarpcomic.com, by Pat Mills with art by Gareth Sleightholme.
• Check out the official Spacewarp web site at www.spacewarpcomic.com – and if you sign up to the newsletter, you‘ll receive a free short SF strip for free, written by Pat and drawn by Clifford Cumber
All images copyright Pat Mills and respective artists