With news stand sales of comics and magazines facing a number of challenges, despite the best efforts of their publishers, it’s no surprise they’re becoming even more determined to encourage readers to subscribe and that includes 2000AD publishers Rebellion, a new incentive deal coming ahead of a cover price rise next week.
The Phoenix began as a subscription-based title, for example, and has only begun to expand its news stand footprint fairly recently. Beano subscription sales outstrip news stand sales. Given supermarkets limited range and with leading newsagent WHSmith in what appears increasing disarray in terms of both its presentation of publications on sale and its bizarre decisions to sometimes consign titles to “under the counter” rather than put them on display – Commando an oft-cited example of this practice – is it any wonder publishers prefer to deal with both regular and potential readers direct?
Responding to the push toward subscription, Rebellion have just launched new incentives for subscribers to 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine, who on sign up will receive a 50% off voucher for the 2000AD web shop; a subscribers’ 30mm enamel pin badge; a 2000AD Poster Prog featuring a brand new story written by Rob Williams (“Judge Dredd”, Suicide Squad) and drawn by Will Simpson (Game of Thrones, “Rogue Trooper”); and an A3 screen print by superstar artist Tula Lotay (Rebels, Supreme Blue Rose) up for grabs.
Coming ahead of an expected cover price rise, if that wasn’t enough to encourage you, those who take out a print subscription get issues up to four days before they hit shelves delivered direct to your door, including the bumper end-of-year issue.
Judge Dredd Megazine subscribers will also get a subscriber-exclusive print of each month’s cover art.
If you already subscribe to the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic, you’ll be pleased to hear all existing subscribers to Rebellion titles will also receive these incentives, rewarding readers who subscribe direct. (Terms and conditions apply).
“There’s never been a better time to be a 2000AD reader,” said a Rebellion spokesperson, “and the new subscriber-exclusive gifts are a simple thank you to those readers who help support 2000AD and ground-breaking British comics.”
• Print and digital subscriptions are available from the 2000AD webshop at shop.2000ad.com | You can also get digital subscriptions through 2000AD’s apps for Apple, Android, and Windows 10 devices (All digital subscriptions through the apps automatically get an account on the 2000AD webshop (when using the same log-in details) where you can download DRM-free PDF/CBZ files of all purchases)
EXCLUSIVE SUBSCRIPTION INCENTIVES – POINT BY POINT
- Take out any digital subscription on the
- webshop or app (Apple / Android / Windows10) and get a 50% off voucher for the
- webshop, giving you half off an order of print or digital titles (Note: voucher does not apply to merchandise or special edition books)
- Take out a monthly print subscription to 2000AD or the Judge Dredd Megazine (or both) and you’ll get the 50% off web voucher as well as a zarjaz 30mm subscribers’ enamel pin badge (Note: voucher does not apply to merchandise or special edition books)
- Take out annual print subscription to 2000AD or the Judge Dredd Megazine and you’ll get the 50% off web voucher, the subscribers enamel pin badge, and the subscriber-exclusive 2000 AD Poster Prog, written by Rob Williams and drawn by Will Simpson
- Take out an annual combi print subscription to 2000AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine and you’ll get the 50% off web voucher, the subscribers enamel pin badge, the 2000 AD Poster Prog, and an A3 (297 × 420 mm / 11.7 × 16.5 inches) screen print by superstar artist Tula Lotay
Categories: 2000AD, British Comics, downthetubes Comics News, downthetubes News