The latest issue of the brilliant Gerry Anderson-inspired fanzine Andersonic, Issue 18, which include a feature on some of the comics inspired by the shows, is now available via the website (and eBay for a short period in the Collectibles > SF > Thunderbirds section) and features the following:
- David Elliott Interview – a new interview with APF’s editor and director who worked on the early puppet series up to Stingray and Thunderbirds
- Alan Perry Interview – Alan talks of his time working at APF/Century 21 on series such as Stingray and Thunderbirds and directing episodes of Captain Scarlet and UFO
- UFO: Computer Affair – Someone’s in lurve – yet Ed Straker needs a computer to see it. We take a look at an overlooked episode
- Thunderbirds: Invisible TV – Fred McNamara looks at the reasons why Thunderbirds is often overlooked in academic writing about television
- Joe 90: Most Special Agent – two writers take opposing views of this series opener. Is it any good? One of them thinks so…
- How do you watch your fave series? – Our writers reveal their little foibles when doing a bit of Anderson viewing.
- Strip Story – we look at an individual comic strip story to see what makes it tick. This issue – Countdown‘s Stingray story ‘Model Mission’ drawn by Brian Lewis
… plus The Overseers of Psychon, Alpha Log Reports, event reviews and other stuff. The issue also has new art by Nigel Parkinson and a cover image by designer Martin Bower.
• If you’d prefer to pay by cheque or PO, please get in touch via the web site for the zine’s new postal address. Back issues are also in print. Most of them, anyway.