Matt Rooke, the artist behind Apes ‘n’ Capes and the brand new primate spy adventure Bubbles O’Seven joins the gang, talking about the brilliant new book, collaborating with Grainne McEntee, his influences and why its easier to draw monkeys rather than people. Theres also talk of James Bond, genre over saturation, the useless pop art excuse for stealing sequential art, the Vagina Monologues, Chevy Chase cocaine stories and so much more.
Also, presenters Dan Butcher is a birthday boy, Vince Hunt makes a spectacular verbal mistake and Tony Esmond desperately wants to go to the theatre.
Plus another competition – and it’s one that you’ll definitely need to be paying attention for!
Mentioned in this episode are: Matt Rooke, Bubbles O’Seven, Apes ‘n’ Capes, Bounce Comics, Daemon, Maik Hassenbank, At the Mountains of Madness, I N J Culbard, Self Made Hero, Boxes, Todd Oliver, Tokyo Ghost, Sean Gordon Murphy, Veripathy, Andy Poyagi, Stranger Things, Deep Sleeper, Space Captain 3 Kickstarter
• Follow Matt Rooke on Twitter @articulatebear
• Follow Bounce Comics on Twitter @bouncecomics
• Listen to the podcast right here (please note, some adult language throughout)
• Let the guys know what you think! Email: email@example.com
• Facebook: facebook.com/awesomecomicspodcast
• Got some small press and self published stuff you want the ACP team to check out? Drop them a line at firstname.lastname@example.org