In the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine showrunner Chris Chibnall reveals the meticulous preparations that went into announcing Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor.
(Despite all the secret plotting, the plan nearly came off the tracks when their cover was in danger of being blown by a wedding and a Velothon…)
Plus the new TARDIS crew describes filming for Series 11.
Other highlights of Issue 528:
- A visit to the archive of Doctor Who writer and script editor Douglas Adams
- Former companion Peter Purves answers questions from the TARDIS tin
- The untold story of Sky Ray ice lollies and Doctor Who, with images of rare 1960s memorabilia
- Behind the scenes on IDW’s distinctive range of Doctor Who comics
- Graphic designer Lee Binding reveals what went into the packaging for the Season 12 Blu-ray box set
- The Time Team tackles three of Doctor Who’s most controversial episodes
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2017 story Empress of Mars
- Seventh Doctor cosplay with Jamie Lenman
- Part Five of the comic strip adventure “The Clockwise War” featuring the Doctor and Bill, written by Scott Gray, coloured by James Offredi, lettered by Roger Langridge
- Cartoon by Lew Stringer
- Previews, audio reviews, news, The Blogs of Doom, prize-winning competitions and much more!
• Doctor Who Magazine Issue 528 is on sale Thursday 26th July in all Good newsagents and comic shops