Former Doctor Who script editor Andrew Cartmel is back writing Doctor Who – this time for Doctor Who Adventures.
While Andrew, who script edited all three seasons of the Seventh Doctor’s TV adventures, has never been credited as a writer on the show itself, he has written a number of comic strips for Doctor Who Magazine, including the acclaimed “Evening’s Empire”, drawn by Richard Piers Rayner and the chilling Cybermen tale “The Good Soldier”, drawn by Mike Collins.
The latest issue of Doctor Who Adventures also offers readers to get creative to be in with a chance to win a Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control. This doesn’t mean you can control the universe with it – but it will control electronic devices such as a TV or Blu-ray player.
The magazine wants readers to tell them what they would do if they had their own sonic – and the top three answers will win a Universal Remote Control of their very own.
This issue also sees the start of an exciting new-feature – MONSTERCHEF! Discover how to turn a pizza into a brilliant monster meal, with the kind of results you can see below…
· A guide to the Eleventh Doctor’s episodes.
· What would happen if the Weeping Angels teamed up with the Daleks?
· What do we knew about the new series so far? Check out the latest photos!
· Dalek secrets!
· How would you battle aliens?
· Strax’s Guide to Zygons
· Adventures for the Doctor and Clara in the comic strip – written by Andrew Cartmel and drawn by John Ross
· Fantastic posters!
· Win a loads of goodies!
· Plus puzzles and loads of the usual monster fun…
• BBC Doctor Who Adventures Issue 349 is on sale now until 15th July 2014, priced £2.99. The magazine comes with free monster armies – 12 aliens to battle with! Web: www.dwamag.com
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.