Two new Futurequake Press titles FutureQuake 2019 and the 20000AD-inspired stripzine Zarjaz 33 are heading your way, both available from today!
FutureQuake 2019 features cover art by Rafael Romeo Magat, and it’s an edition that sets to shock, surprise and scintillate as only the finest Small Press anthology can. There’s some terrific work in this latest issue, and we’ve only scratched the surface with this quick plug. Well worth heading to the FQP store and buying now!
Offering over 20 strips this issue features the most astounding array of talent, combining to bring you a whopping 100 pages for only £6.50
In FUTUREQUAKE 2019
- Because It’s There by writer Matthew Hockey and artist Michael Walters. Letters by Bolt-01
- Cereal Wars by writer Ryan Haack and artist Tom Barton. Letters by Tom Barton
- Fax Man & Robbing by writer Chris Redfern and artist Luke Kemp-James. Letters by Bolt-01
- Fragile Vessels by writer Mark McCann and artist David Yeh. Letters by Bolt-01
- Infernal Technology by writer Drew Dillon and artist Michael Walters. Letters by Bolt-01
- Mika and the god heart by writer tim west and artist Rafael Romeo Magat. Letters by Rafael Romeo Magat
- NeroySphinx- JunkyardShopping by writer Daniel Whiston and artist Dave Thomson. Letters by Bolt-01
- On the ledge by writer Thomas Trang and artist J.P. Vilchis. Letters by olt-01
- Plot Hole by writer Lawrence Rider and artist Sinclair Elliott. Letters by Bolt-01
- Resignation Notice by writer Brian Pearlman and artist Miguel Echemendia. Letters by Miguel Echemendia
- Starship SOS by writer Ant Garnon and artist Alex Paterson. Letters by Bolt-01
- Temple of the Giant by writer Joshua Spiller and artist Mike Bunt. Letters by Bolt-01
- The Diabolical Device and The Insidious Invention of Doctor Undermind by writer Matt Sharp and artist Richard Waugh. Letters by Bolt-01
- The Farm by writer Lee Robson and artist Brett Burbridge. Letters by Bolt-01
- The Future Is Actually Pretty Great by writer Alexi Conman and artist Scott Twells (with colour by Owen Watts). Letters by Bolt-01
- The Gods Thought Otherwise by writer Stephen Frame and artist Richard Waugh. Letters by Bolt-01
- The Tale of the Privy by writer Dan Whiston and artist Will Pickering. Letters by Will Pickering
- The Way of the dinosaur by writer Adam Breen and artist Anthony Summey. Letters by Anthony Summey
- Tito’s Homegrown by writer Gilbert Smith and artist Jim Lavery. Letters by Bolt-01
- Too Much Like HARD Work by writer Dan Pollard and artist Dan Goodfellow. Letters by Bolt-01
With cover art by Patrick Goddard and Steven Denton, Zarjaz Issue 33 – the latest issue of the Galaxy’s Greatest Fanzine, is also out now, so chase away the winter Thrill-suckers. A Dredd-world heavy issue that also includes both Slaine and the return of Torquemada. 48 pages for a mere £3.00.
In ZARJAZ 33
- Future Shock- Gods Of The hunt by writer George Pickett and artist Sam Weller. Letters by Bolt-01
- Judge Dredd- Attack On Labour Camp 45 by writer Richmond Clements and artist Lyndon Webb. Letters by Bolt-01
- Judge Dredd- Leading The Blind by writer Alan Holloway and artist Dan Goodfellow. Letters by Bolt-01
- Judge Dredd- Outside The Wall by writer Adam Breen and artist Dan Goodfellow. Letters by Bolt-01
- Judge Dredd- Rogue by writer Ed Whiting and artist David Broughton. Letters by Bolt-01
- Torquemada- Trashquemada by writer Santiago Mayaud and artist Adrian Bamforth. Letters by Adrian Bamforth
- Slaine- As You wish by writer Alan Holloway and artist Cristian Navarro. Letters by Bolt-01
- Tales of Mega-City One- Hells Half Acre by writer Alec Robertson and artist David Parsons. Letters by Bolt-01
- Tales Of Necropolis- Death Takes A Holiday by writer and artist Robomonkey 147. Letters by Bolt-01
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.