Time’s running out to sign up in advance for London Anime Con, an epic 18+ anime and gaming convention that includes some manga programming of over a thousand people, taking place 30th – 31st July at the Rocket Complex on Holloway Road.
The event offers video gaming, an artist alley, a karaoke lounge, an anime bar/cinema, manga workshops, cosplay workshops, Japanese culture talks, five awesome live-bands, top guests, talks and far too many events to list, including staples such as the Cosplay Masquerade, DDR tournament, Otaku Fashion Show, Pub Quiz and several massive nighttime parties planned on each night till 1.00am.
The deadline for paying online Is 25th July and organisers urge registration to guarantees your place and get in (early) at £8 instead of £10.
Pre-registered attendees get a free conbook and poster And you can pre-order a con t-shirt at the same time.
– You can signup now for London Anime Con at http://www.londonanimecon.com/register.php Pricing is a reduced £15 for two days or £8 for one day if you register and pre-pay now.
– London Anime Con is at The Rocket Complex, London Metropolitan University. Opening Times: 11am to 1am. Normal Entry costs £15 for both days, or just £8 per day to get in if you prepay. On the day entry is £10 per day.
Evening Only Entry: If you arrive after 6pm, you can get in for £4 pre-pay or £5 on the door.
– London Anime Con Website: http://www.londonanimecon.com
– Link To Pre-Pay: http://www.londonanimecon.com/register.php
– Provisional Timetable: http://www.animeleague.net/forum/showthread.php?64989
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.