The legendary graphic novel publishing house Humanoids / Les Humanoïdes Associés is seeking a multitasking freelancer to be its liaison person in the UK. This is a full‐time telecommuting position for someone with an existing strong knowledge of and interest in the graphic novel industry, particularly the UK market.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with UK distributors and retailers
- Prepare presentation material and solicit titles with respective distribution entities
- Coordinate with forwarders to arrange timely deliveries (shipping from printing companies to UK distributors)
- Implement and manage the UK Humanoids online store and supervise customer service and coordination with the local fulfillment company
- Maintain Humanoids website page specific to the UK
- Attend production meetings over Skype with US and Parisian offices and update department heads on status of projects
- Respond to production and distribution matters in a timely manner and remain available (principally via Skype) for possible daily follow up from US and Parisian offices
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with UK press and attend to respective public relations needs
- Assist marketing department with development of press releases and marketing material
- Preparation of monthly sales reports, and sales details
- Develop relationships with UK creators
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and interest in the comic-book industry, particularly the UK industry a must • Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, a must
- Familiarity with PhotoShop and InDesign a plus
- Basic HTML and web content management tools a plus
- Fluent or partially fluent in French a plus
Qualified candidates should send resumes and cover letters, including expected monthly remuneration, to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will begin contacting qualified applicants in early to mid‐August 2013.
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.