2000AD publisher Rebellion will have free samplers of two forthcoming new titles at the Thought Bubble Festival comic convention in Harrogate this weekend, both out 22nd February 2023.
I Am The Law by Michael Molcher blends comic book history with contemporary radical theories on policing, taking key Judge Dredd stories from the last 45 years to show how they provide a unique wake up call about our gradual, and not so gradual, slide towards authoritarian policing, from the politicisation of policing to ‘zero tolerance’, from violent suppression of protest to the rise of the surveillance state.
A Very British Affair presents the finest romance comics in British history in one spectacular volume. Curated by Eisner-nominated historian and artist David Roach, it features an eclectic mix of over 50 comics stories – many of which have never been reprinted before – this lavish book is a stunning tribute to the often uncredited creators who crafted an industry of love.
2000AD creators, including Gerry-Finley Day and James McElvie will also be taking part in panels, signings, and more at the Festival’s two-day convention at the Harrogate Convention Centre.
Check out the schedule here on the 2000AD web site, which includes the annual Artist and Writer Talent Search, and appearances by a host of droids!
Thought Bubble is the Yorkshire Comic Art Festival. A week long celebration of comics, illustration and more spread across the whole of Yorkshire, it culminates in a huge two day comic convention in Harrogate.
Announced guests – a mix of invited, paid for and creators who apply via the Festival’s curated route – include Charlie Adlard, Kristyna Baczynski, Philip and Shelly Bond, Nick Brokenshire, Fraser Campbell, Glyn Dillon, The Etherington Brothers, Gary Erskine, Al Ewing, Lee Garbett, Sarah Graley, Kieron Gillen, Abigail Harding, Tom Humberstone, Jock, Charlot Kristensen, Roger Langridge,Tula Lotay, Leah Moore, Anna Morozova, Jacob and Sean Phillips, John Reppion, Margaux Saltel, Alison Sampson, Gail Simone, Richard Starkings, Rachael Smith, Guillermo Ortego, Scott Snyder, Una, Christian Ward, Emma Vieceli, Steve Yeowell, Chris Wildgoose, and many more.
(Please note, guest appearances are based on professional availability and are subject to change)
The Thought Bubble team use their Festival week to promote the power of comics.
“We believe they can inspire, educate and bring people together like no other medium, so whether you’re a long-time fan of comic art or have never picked up a graphic novel before, you’ll find something for you.”
• The samplers for both Rebellion books are available only from Booth #4 in Redshirt Hall in the Harrogate Convention Centre, Harrogate HG1 2HR, during Thought Bubble Festival, 12-13 November 2022 | Web: thoughtbubblefestival.com
2000AD THOUGHT BUBBLE SCHEDULE
- 11:00-12.30 Artist Talent Search Portfolio Selection
- 12:30-13:15 Writer talent search
- 12.45-13.15 Pye Parr ‘Intestanuts’ signing
- 13.30-14.15 Jamie McKelvie ‘Best of 2000 AD’ signing
- 15:45-16:15 Gerry Finley-Day signing
- 11:00-12:00 Gerry Finley-Day Q&A (Mercer Gallery)
- 12:00-12:45 MAKE THE BEST SCI FI COMIC EVER! kids’ workshop with RAMZEE
- 13:00-13.30 Ramzee ‘2000 AD Regened’ signing
- 13:30-14:15 Artist Talent Search Panel