The digital edition of STRIP Magazine #5, published digitally by ROK Comics on behalf of Print Media, is now on sale from iTunes for £1.99.
This digital edition of the anthology comic features many of the stories that appear in the print edition but some bonus items along the way, just for iPad readers – and at a special price.
– In Black Ops Extreme (by John Freeman and PJ Holden) the the do-or-die military team try to end an embassy siege in London – and confront a ghost from their past!
– The battle for the future of Earth hits the streets of Houston in Warpaint (by Phil Hester and John McCrea)!
– Reluctant hero Constant finds himself in a desperate race to find The Devil’s Heritage (by Jerome Felix and Paul Gastine)!
– Witness some spectacular elven magic in Age of Heroes (James Hudnall and John Ridgway)!
– Read the magazine’s latest STRIP Challenge – an all-new take on Arthurian legend, Half World War by Stephen Baskerville!
All this plus some exclusive, digital-only trailers for the new-look STRIP: The Adventure Comic Magazine, set to debut later in 2012 in print and for digital devices; full information on the new look we’re planning in ‘Comic Cuts’; an interview with comic creator Nick Abadzis; the crazy antics of Cosmic Patrol and Bogey-Man Bob; and a special taster of two comics from digital partner, ROK Comics – Team M.OB.I.L.E. and Houdini!
The print edition of STRIP Magazine Issue 5 includes additional strip material not included in this digital edition, but these will all appear in STRIP Magazine Digital Issue 6 out at the end of August. This special digital-only Issue 6 will wrap some storylines that complete in the print ‘bumper’ version of Issue 5 (still stuck in delivery hell), as well as again trailing the new look STRIP.
|Promotion for Black Ops Extreme
by Richmond Clement and Stephen
Downey. Black Ops Extreme
© Print Media Productions
The digital issues of STRIP – for iPad only at present – are now available for just £1.99 each.
• STRIP Magazine for iPad Issue 1 here: ht.ly/brSDc
• STRIP Magazine for iPad Issue 2 here: ht.ly/brSHf
• STRIP Magazine for iPad Issue 3 here: ht.ly/brSPV
• STRIP Magazine for iPad Issue 4 here: ht.ly/brSUj
• STRIP Magazine for iPad Issue 5 here: ht.ly/cZ79Q
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.
Categories: British Comics