The Really Heavy Greatcoat by myself and Lancaster-based artist Nick Miller was published fairly regularly for about 20 years, last featuring in Comics International (yes – it was that long ago, now!). The strip was published for many years in alternative Lancaster titles such as On The Beat and Off the Beat and online on downthetubes.net and virtual-lancaster.net.
When last seen in a regular strip, Kevin, the current owner of the Greatcoat – a talking garment with transcendentally dimensional pockets – was a student. He was clearly not postgraduate material so Nick and I reckon he’s in a bedsit in Skerton, Lancaster somewhere, eking out a life on benefits…
If anyone ever offered to pay us to write it, it might still be running today – but Nick still creates an annual Review of the Year, bless him!
• More by Nick at: http://teamsputnikblog.blogspot.com
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2011
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2010
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2009
• Greatcoat Review of the Year 2008
• More Really Heavy Greatcoats on the original downthetubes web site