A new issue of Paragon, one of Britain’s terrific independently published anthologies is out now, just in time for Christmas – 44 pages of wonderful comic strips wrapped in a Mike Mignola-inspired cover by Davey Candlish and Jim Cameron. It’s an issue that includes a great Jikan story pitting the demon hunter against Dracula himself and a terrific-looking new series, Bludd and Xandi, from Mark Howard and Tom Newell.
Paragon Issue 15 is, possibly, the best issue of this great comic yet – as you’ll see from some of the sample art below…
• Jikan – the time-travelling demon hunter – finds himself on a rather familiar 19th century sailing ship, the Demeter, and faces the great vampire himself! Featuring stunning art by Chris Askham, story by Mark Howard, lettered by Jim Campbell.
• Mark Howard also gives us the first episode of a brand new adventure, Bludd & Xandi – a pair of celestial enforcers sent to Earth. With art by the fantastic Tom Newell (inks by Davey Candlish), this one looks terrific.
• Also included is a one shot sci-fi tale about Weapons of Mass Destruction by HdE and Jim Cameron called The Biggest Stick…
• Matt McLaughlin, El Chivo and Bolt-01 return to bring us a new tale of El Bigote – the undead Mexican bandit – “La Noche de Los Muertoads”
• Regular contributors Greg Meldrum and Stephen Prestwood team up to deliver another episode of Spencer Nero – the British 1930s adventurer – this time taking on the evil that is Mrs Simpson (Yes, that Mrs Simpson!)
Priced just £2.50, Paragon Issue 15 is available now from Lulu – order now and not only will you should you it delivered for Christmas but there’s also 30% off!
What are you waiting for? Paragon offers a fantastic mix of strips, lovingly assembled for your enjoyment. Go and buy one now! (And back issues, too, if you haven’t already!)