A new issue of Paragon, one of Britain’s terrific independently published anthologies is out now, just in time for Christmas – 44 pages of wonderful comic strips wrapped in a Mike Mignola-inspired cover by Davey Candlish and Jim Cameron. It’s an issue that includes a great Jikan story pitting the demon hunter against Dracula himself and a terrific-looking new series, Bludd and Xandi, from Mark Howard and Tom Newell.
Paragon Issue 15 is, possibly, the best issue of this great comic yet – as you’ll see from some of the sample art below…
• Jikan – the time-travelling demon hunter – finds himself on a rather familiar 19th century sailing ship, the Demeter, and faces the great vampire himself! Featuring stunning art by Chris Askham, story by Mark Howard, lettered by Jim Campbell.
• Mark Howard also gives us the first episode of a brand new adventure, Bludd & Xandi – a pair of celestial enforcers sent to Earth. With art by the fantastic Tom Newell (inks by Davey Candlish), this one looks terrific.
• Also included is a one shot sci-fi tale about Weapons of Mass Destruction by HdE and Jim Cameron called The Biggest Stick…
• Matt McLaughlin, El Chivo and Bolt-01 return to bring us a new tale of El Bigote – the undead Mexican bandit – “La Noche de Los Muertoads”
• Regular contributors Greg Meldrum and Stephen Prestwood team up to deliver another episode of Spencer Nero – the British 1930s adventurer – this time taking on the evil that is Mrs Simpson (Yes, that Mrs Simpson!)
Priced just £2.50, Paragon Issue 15 is available now from Lulu – order now and not only will you should you it delivered for Christmas but there’s also 30% off!
What are you waiting for? Paragon offers a fantastic mix of strips, lovingly assembled for your enjoyment. Go and buy one now! (And back issues, too, if you haven’t already!)
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.