The Awesome Comics Podcast #200 pop-up charity comic shop / raffle stash that’s being organised by downthetubes contributor Richard Sheaf as part of the events surrounding the Podcast’s live London broadcast on Free Comics Day includes some amazing items of original art, commission offers and much more, all thanks to the generosity of many amazing British independent comic creators.
As we previously reported, the brilliant indie-comics focused Awesome Comics Podcast are celebrating reaching their milestone 200th episode with a live recording at the Two Chairmen pub in central London on, appropriately enough, Free Comic Book Day – 4th May 2019, from noon to 5.00pm.
Adding to the comic fun on the day is an opportunity to support Little Heroes, the unofficial charity of the Awesome Comics Podcast by taking part in a special fund raiser on the day.
You simply need to buy tickets for a sale and raffle of items on the day via the Boys Adventure Comics Blog, raising funds that will go towards providing Little Heroes with the money to make more comic making kits for a child. (Or, you can simply make a donation – that’s entirely up to you).
Generous comic creators and fans of the Awesome Comics Podcast have donated plenty of small press comics, books, original small press art – and there are offers of commissioned art, too.
So far the fund raiser features 17 pages of original comic art (and that’s not including all the amazing stuff that Gareth Sleightholme is also bringing with him on the day), digital art commissions from Fraser Campbell, Clifford Cumber, Alfie Gallagher, Susie Gander, Russell Mark Olson and Sam Webster andDimitris Zach, 10 trade paperbacks, 15 prints, rare comics, prints, and Kickstarter packs.
If you’re an aspiring comics creator, then you may be interested in my donation of a professional editorial appraisal of a new comics project – concept, plot and initial art – from my perspective as a writer and professional editor at Marvel UK, Titan and elsewhere. This will include script editing on a maximum of six pages. I will consider the winner’s submission the subject of non disclosure until such time as publicity is required.
There’s plenty of other stuff coming on the day as well. Raffle tickets are 10 for £10 (or multiples thereof). There’s an amazing selection of goodies on offer, all for a terrific good cause, and one of them could be yours for just a quid.
A quid! That’s half the price of a forgettable cup of coffee!
The raffle will feature all the original art donations / promises of commissions, plus any of the comics/trade paperbacks that we don’t manage to sell on the day.
If you are planning to bring items to donate on the day then you’re a blooming terrific person, too. All funds raised are for the Little Heroes project, and you’ll be able to find out more about their plans on the day.
Payment for won items can be made by payment on the day, or by the dedicated PayPal buttons set up on Richard’s Boys Adventure Comics Blog. (Note that if you’re accessing the blog on your phone then you’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of your screen and click the “view web version” button then the paypal icons will then become visible at the top of the blog).
Good luck! There’s still time to buy tickets and you can view many of the items on offer here on the Boys Adventure Comics Blog.
“It’s going to be the best small press raffle of the year,” Richard enthuses, “so why not go large and treat yourself to a few tickets?”
• You can donate to the fundraiser now by sending money (via Paypal) to email@example.com (please don’t miss out the underscore – acp 200 is someone else’ yahoo address entirely). Or just go the top of the Boys Adventure Comics Blog and use the buttons there
• Or you can buy raffle tickets for your chance to win some of these amazing items; same paypal address firstname.lastname@example.org (please don’t miss out the underscore – acp 200 is someone else’ yahoo address entirely). Or just go the top of the Boys Adventure Comics Blog and use the buttons there
• Find the Awesome Comics Podcast on Podbean – Episode #199 with artist Phil Hester is available now here
• Awesome Comics Talk is part of the ACP presence on Facebook. The Awesome Comics Podcast page on Facebook is here
• The Two Chairmen pub – named after the two men who used to carry sedan chairs for wealthy patrons who frequented the pub in its early days – is on Dartmouth Street in Westminster, London and online here on the Greene King web site
• If you pre-order the raffle tickets and attend ACP#200 then Richard Sheaf will hand the tickets over to you on the day
• If you pre-order tickets but can’t attend they will be looked after on your behalf and you’ll be contacted after the recording re: your winnings
• Overseas entrants are welcomed but do note that should you win, you will need to cover the cost of shipping the item to you. If you’re not paying in pounds, please add on sufficient to cover Paypal’s currency conversion fees (if you do not do this Richard will deduct the fees from your payment and you will not end up with as many tickets as you wanted