Freelance illustrator and independent publisher Alex Hahn (who some of you may have met at Thought Bubble last year) recently launched The Cruffin and Muffnut, a story of unrequited love, a new book featuring Muffnut, a character who made made his tasty debut in another zine of his, That Takes The Cake.
Alex has been building a career in editorial illustration since he graduated from the Cambridge School of Art in 2011, as well as making small press zines and books and independently publishing his ongoing comic-diary ‘Post Conatus‘ as a full 100-page graphic novel. He’s also the creator of creator of Blop the Martian.
In this quirky-looking new tale from this talented artist, you’re invited to catch up with the now love-struck Muffnut (the seamless fusion of muffin & doughnut), pining after the affection of his French fancy the Cruffin (she’s actually a … you can work it out) who,unfortunately, doesn’t seem to be interested at all.
It’s a fresh take on a timeless theme; a tasty tale of unrequited love, made with metaphorical muffins -seasoned with moments of truth -is for anyone whose feelings weren’t reciprocated -or those who really like cake!
• Self Published by Alex under his brand new Portmanteaux Picture Books imprint, the 76-page The Cruffin and Muffnut, a story of unrequited love is available from his Etsy shop here for just £6, or or amazon.co.uk
• Alex Hahn’s Portfolio: www.alexhahnillustrator.com
• Alex Hahn’s Blog: http://alexhahnillustrator.blogspot.com
• Alex Hahn on Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexhahnillustration
• Read Post Conatus, an ongoing diary-comic: www.postconatus.com
• Alex Hahn on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/alex_hahn_illustrator/sets
• More books and comics available from Alex Hahn via Etsy
All images featured in this post are Copyright Alex Hahn Publishing