US publisher Eureka Productions has just published its latest title, Graphic Classics: Oscar Wilde, featuring work by British comics creator Nick Miller, whose credits include football comic Rammie (see news story) and downthetubes very own Really Heavy Greatcoat.
This Oscar Wilde release marks the sixteenth volume in Eureka’s Graphic Classics series of comics adaptations of great literature, which includes much-praised titles focusing on authors such as Edgar Allan Poe, Mark Twain (see news story), H.P. Lovecraft and others.
Nick Miller and writing partner Antonella Caputo contribute their adaptation of “The Canterville Ghost” to this new volume, which also features “The Picture of Dorian Gray”, Wilde’s tale of narcissism and horror, adapted for comics by Alex Burrows and illustrated by Lisa K. Weber, “Lord Arthur Savile’s Crime” by Rich Rainey and Rich Tommaso, and an adaptation of Wilde’s exotic Biblical play “Salome”, illustrated by Molly Kiely.
A host of creators, including Nick, Antonella, Roger Langridge, Hunt Emerson and more have all contributed to past volumes of Graphic Classics — full list below, all links to amazon.co.uk.
Graphic Classics: Oscar Wilde
Edited by Tom Pomplun
Published January 2009, Eureka Productions
Distributed by Diamond Book Distributors
• Graphic Classics are available from bookstores, comics shops, or direct from the publisher at: www.graphicclassics.com
• Graphic Classics: Edgar Allan Poe
• Graphic Classics: Arthur Conan Doyle
• Graphic Classics: H.G. Wells
• Graphic Classics: H.P. Lovecraft
• Graphic Classics: Jack London
• Graphic Classics: Ambrose Bierce
• Graphic Classics: Bram Stoker
• Graphic Classics: Mark Twain
• Graphic Classics: Robert Louis Stevenson
• Horror Classics: Graphic Classics Volume Ten
• Graphic Classics: O. Henry
• Adventure Classics: Graphic Classics Volume 12
• Graphic Classics: Rafael Sabatini
• Gothic Classics: Graphic Classics Volume 14
• Fantasy Classics: Graphic Classics Volume Fifteen
• Graphic Classics: Oscar Wilde