MULP – Sceptre Of The Sun written by Matt Gibbs and illustrated by Sara Dunkerton has been a favourite here on downthetubes since we first got our paws on a copy of this mousey Indiana Jones style adventure back in 2014.
Set in an anthropomorphic 1930s world of rodents, MULP follows a group of rodent archaeologists who are travelling the globe in their attempt to find an apparently all-powerful ancient artefact, the Sceptre of the Sun. The previous two issues have taken them from the pyramids of Egypt, via the British Museum, to the Incan city of Machu Picchu in Peru where they discovered that the next location on their quest was Antarctica. Issue 3 follows their adventures on the frozen continent and we are pleased to say that Matt and Sara have allowed us to run the first few pages of this issue as a Sneak Peek.
Originally self published under the Inky Little Paws banner, MULP is now part of Improper Books and Issue 3 will be launched at the Nottingham Comic Con this weekend, Saturday 29 October 2016, where Improper Books will be on the Lower Level. It will also be available at Thought Bubble in Leeds over the weekend of 5/6 November 2016 where Improper Books will be in the New Dock Hall.
• There are more details of MULP: Sceptre Of The Sun, and how to buy a copy, at the MULP website: www.mulpcomic.com
• MULP – Sceptre Of The Sun on AmazonUK (Affiliate Link)
• Matt Gibbs and Sara Dunkerton talked to downthetubes about MULP: Sceptre Of The Sun here
• There are more details of Matt Gibbs’ work on his website
• There are more details of Sara Dunkerton’s work on her blog