This weekend 12th – 13th August 2017 will see the second ever Frome Comic Con which I’m afraid I’ve missed news about completely so apologies to the organisers.
Frome, in Somerset, is home to Disconnected Press, run by Conor and Lizzie Boyle, and they’ve been doing their bit to bring some great writers, artists, bloggers and publishers to town.
Artist Conor Boyle and writer Lizzie Boyle of Disconnected Press will be in the Creators’ hub at the Black Swan Arts Centre, joined by:
- Sara Dunkerton and Matt Gibbs – creators of MULP, the finest mouse based adventure comic you will ever read (read Jeremy Briggs review of the latest issue here)
- Owen Watts – editor of The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel
- Vince Hunt – creator of The Red Mask from Mars and Stalkerville, and one of the Awesome Comics Podcast team
- Gavin Mitchell – artist on Stiffs, The Pride and the utterly superb Trolltooth Wars (based on a Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy book, more information here on downthetubes – definitely a “must buy”!)
- Emily Owen – podcaster on the Awesome Comics Podcast and creator of Brain Shoodles
- Dani Abram – illustrator, animator and creator of the hilarious Worry Wart
- Shaun Dobie – creator of Descending Outlands
- Sam Webster – creator of sci-fi series Unfamiliar Skies (episode 2 coming soon) and superhero favourite Joe Cape.
If you’re in the area for a day out, then drop into in the Long Gallery at Black Swan Arts, 2 Bridge Street, Frome (above SEED).