Issue 19 of of the digital anthology 100% Biodegradable is out now on Drivethru and Comicsy, wrapped within the confines of a crab-tastic wrap around cover by Łukasz Kowalczuk.
Inside issue 19 of 100% Biodegradable:
• A seaside clash between Mods and Rockers is met with nuclear retaliation in “Mods Versus Mutants” by Dave Hailwood, Neil Bryant and Tony Suleri.
• Captain Jerry Kowalski breaks out of the nut house and straight into a sanity-bending military mission in “Off The Reservation” by Chris Sides, Plwoodscomics, Liam O’Connor and Ken Reynolds
• An ancient alien life form makes first contact with Scotland’s finest in part five of “Skowdogs” by John Freeman, David Hailwood, Dave Thomson and Ken Reynolds
• An obsessive autograph hunter visits hell to seek favour from the devil in “Sam Quadrant” by Shaun Avery and David Snell
• A psychotic headless chocolate addicted android assassin takes exception at pushy clients interrupting his cartoon hour in David Hailwood and Dave Thomson’s “Faceless”
• The golden age of flight is brought to a swift standstill by a pernickety Traffic Warden in “Fight Or Flight” by David Hailwood and Brett Burbridge
• Issue 19 of 100% Biodegradable is 37 pages, full colour, and available from the following links for just $0.99/69p – DriveThru and Comicsy. A comiXology edition will be released at a later date; in the meantime, previous issues can be purchased here
• You can also check out issues 1-18 on the Comichaus app
The founder of downthetubes, John describes himself as is a "freelance comics operative", currently working as a freelance editor for TITAN COMICS, as Creative Consultant on the new DAN DARE audio adventures for B7 Media, and on promotional work for the LAKES INTERNATIONAL COMIC ART FESTIVAL and LANCASTER COMICS DAY.
John has worked in British comics publishing for over 30 years, starting out at Marvel UK, where he edited a number of the Genesis 1992 books with Paul Neary. His numerous credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine at Marvel and Star Trek Magazine and Babylon 5 Magazine at Titan Magazines, where he was Managing Editor.
He also edited STRIP Magazine and worked as an editor on several audio comics for ROK Comics, including TEAM M.O.B.I.L.E. and THE BEATLES STORY.
Most recently he is writing CRUCIBLE as a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz, published on Tapastic; and DEATH DUTY and SKOW DOGS with Dave Hailwood for the digital comic 100% Biodegradable.