We previously reported on the upcoming Aston’s Auctioneers Film, Music and Comic Book auction on 3rd May 2018, focusing on the annotated “An Unearthly Child” script originally owned by William Hartnell, something of a “star lot”. But there are more great items on offer, too.
Here’s just a small sampling – check out the full catalogue here
As well as the “An Unearthly Child” script, also on offer is a full set of six original camera scripts from the missing 1968 Doctor Who story Fury From the Deep.
These were originally from the collection of the late Victor Pemberton who wrote the story and signed each of the scripts. The story starred Patrick Troughton as the Doctor, Fraser Hines as Jamie and Victoria Waterfield as Deborah Watling.
• A Thunderball film poster with Robert McGinnis artwork displaying Sean Connery as James Bond
• Hammer Films Dracula has Risen from the Grave rolled condition British Quad film poster with printed signature of British artist Tom Chantrell – starring Christopher Lee as Count Dracula
• The Time Machine – original Belgian film poster
• The Railway Children 1970 first release rolled condition British Quad film poster with full colour steam train art by Arnaldo Putzu starring Jenny Agutter, printed by W. E. Berr
• Dune 1984 British Quad Film Poster. Film directed by David Lynch
• Over 100 UK comics in comic box including 2000AD featuring Judge Dredd, Victor and Valiant
• Five boxes of UK and US comics including UK comics Marvel Superheroes and The Super-Heroes
• A great selection of Marvel UK comics from 1973 onwards
This just scratches the surface of the auction – the comic lots alone are well worth checking out, especially if you’re a US comics fan