Immediate Media Co, the publishers of Doctor Who Adventures and many pre-school titles such as Octonuats on sale on the British news stand, have issued the following statement in response to the latest ABC reported sales figures which we reported on earlier this week and indicated a drop in sales for the dompany’s Doctor Who junior title. We’ve focused on the parts of the statement relating to Youth Sector titles.
Immediate Media Co, the special interest content and platform company, continues to outperform the consumer magazine market with its combined print and digital circulation of 1,918,351 for titles reporting in the period January-June 2014.
• Immediate Group print ABC: 1,897,790, down -3.5% year-on-year
• Immediate Group digital ABC: 20,561, up 31.6% year-on-year
• Immediate continues to deliver over one million active subscriptions*.
Immediate Media Co CEO, Tom Bureau, says: “The ABCs are an important measure of performance in the consumer magazine sector, and I’m pleased to report that Immediate continues to outperform the market in the latest audit.
“Immediate’s special interest brands have strength in depth – more so than ever, following our recent acquisition of Future’s market-leading Sport and Craft brands. And we remain focused on driving our strategy of delivering those brands across a range of platforms, meeting the needs of our passionate and engaged communities.”
Highlights for the ABC period Jan–June 2014:
• Radio Times remains the UK’s biggest-selling quality magazine, with a weekly print ABC of 762,814, retaining its position as the most valuable title on the UK newsstand. Radio Times is also the UK’s biggest weekly subscription title, with 241,998 subscribers, up 6.3% year-on-year and 4.3% period-on-period.
• Youth & Children’s – Immediate remains the number one publisher in the overall Children’s market, with CBeebies Magazine a success at its new fortnightly frequency. The popular title delivers an ABC of 55,381, up 29.7% on the period. Overall the Immediate Youth & Children’s portfolio delivers an ABC up 2.2% year-on-year.
Immediate recently completed the acquisition of a range of market-leading Sport and Craft brands from Future for a value of up to £24m. Future’s market-leading Sport brands reach over 4.7 million unique users a month. BikeRadar.com is the world’s largest cycling reviews website, while Cyclingnews.com is the world’s number one source for pro-cycling news and race reports. The print portfolio has a monthly circulation of more than 100,000 and includes market-leading Cycling Plus, Procycling and off-road market leader, Mountain Biking UK. Craft brands include Simply Knitting – the largest audited print Craft title in the UK – and contemporary brand Mollie Makes, which has reinvigorated the general Craft market.