Yes, we know we’re talking US comics. And we’re talking about a game, not comics. But Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment has just unveiled details for the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition that will be sold in the UK – and it looks pretty amazing.
Available from 25th October 2013 in limited quantities for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the Collectors Edition will retail for £79.99.
Coming in an exclusive 3D Metal Pack, the UK Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:
- Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring Batman & The Joker, measuring approximately
- 80-page, full-color hardcover artbook
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the eight assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- First Appearance Batman Skin DLC
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack DLC – Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps and also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins
The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content.
The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will be available for pre-order in the UK exclusively at amazon.co.uk
Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins, the next installment in the blockbuster Batman: Arkham videogame franchise, features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships.
Batman: Arkham Origins will ship with a multiplayer mode developed by Splash Damage that allows players to take the franchise’s award-winning gameplay online to play with friends and foes.
• Batman: Arkham Origins will be available from 25th October 2013 for the PS3™, Xbox 360, the Wii U system, and Windows PC. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, the handheld version developed by Armature Studio, will be available for PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system and the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system.
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.