In the year that LEGO – which has its officially became the world’s biggest toy and conquered the world’s box offices with the incredible and hilarious LEGO Movie, BRICK 2014 is heading for London’s ExCeL Centre for four days of family fun and the finest in LEGO building at the end of November – but tickets are selling fast.
With Saturday and Sunday now sold out, fans are advised to grab tickets for Thursday and Friday as soon as possible. The organisers of the event have increased opening hours on each of these days until 9.00pm to cater for the huge demand and give kids a chance to visit after school.
Here are some of the highlights of the event:
- LEGO Minecraft are coming to BRICK 2014. The show will play host to the newest kits with attendees encouraged to come and help build a huge Minecraft terrain out of LEGO bricks. In addition, as an extra special exclusive for Thursday only, Max from the LEGO Minecraft design team will be on hand to speak to the crowds about his amazing creations and the ever-popular Minecraft series
- With their brilliant LEGO built robots the Certified Professionals from LEGO Mindstorms EV3 will be showing off some of the incredible things that you can build with the very latest LEGO Mindstorms kits. Visitors will be able to come and have a go themselves and try controlling the amazing LEGO snakes, spiders and scorpions.
- Having worked with LEGO since 2008, publishing best-selling titles including The LEGO Book, The LEGO Ideas Book and The LEGO Movie Ultimate Sticker Collection DK will be on hand with some very special activities indeed. With over 50 well-loved titles for budding builders, bookworms and big kids, DK knows the LEGO world inside out and what’s more they will be giving away an exclusive LEGO Batman minifigure to all those attending the show.
- Attendees will also meet some of the world’s best LEGO Fan builders including the incredible Peter Reid and see their fantastic creations including LEGO towns, space and Star Wars displays. There’s even a model of St Pancras Station made from 180,000 LEGO bricks… the list is endless!
- BRICK 2014 will be home to a LEGO Museum so that visitors can see what LEGO toys looked like ‘back in the day’. Having begun manufacturing interlocking toy bricks back in 1949, LEGO has since then developed a global subculture, supporting movies, games, and competitions. Over 560 billion LEGO parts have been produced! On display will be amazing iconic LEGO sets from the history of LEGO System toys – and even some original wooden toys that LEGO produced before they started working in plastic.
- The world’s biggest toy store, Toys R Us, will be on hand as the official BRICK 2014 retailer selling a huge selection of all the latest LEGO kits, just in time for Christmas.
Other activities include:
• Great Ball Contraption
• Graffiti Wall
• Over 50 LEGO trains on a special track courtesy of Bricktivity
• Minifigures.me bringing TV favourites including Doctor Who and The Big Bang Theory to life in LEGO.
• Take part in creating the BRICK 2014 LEGO Mosaic.
• Incredible, huge models from Bright Bricks.
• Purchase rare and vintage LEGO sets and parts in the Brick Lane Marketplace.
• Play with the remote control VOLVO L350F wheel loader diggers, which are made up of over 1600 individual pieces and see its real-life big brother.
• Jason, Steven and the team from The Brick Show will be making their first trip ever to the UK to appear in the Live Stage show and review the latest LEGO sets. All broadcast live on their YouTube channel – youtube.com/user/brickshowtv
• Workshops, fanzones and buildoffs.
• Build, create and play with over 1 MILLION LEGO bricks.
• Go Kart Track
• Littler ones can also enjoy the DUPLO and soft brick play area.
• Tickets are selling fast for both Thursday and Friday (and Saturday and Sunday have sold out) so early booking is advised for this exciting event, which is one of the capitals hottest tickets!For more information visit www.brick2014.com and for tickets – £15.00 (+ £1.75 Booking Fee) – visit http://brick2014.seetickets.com/tour/brick-2014-built-for-lego-fans-/
Categories: Doctor Who, Events, Exhibitions, Games, Merchandise, Other Worlds, Star Wars