The latest issue of the Eagle Society’s magazine Eagle Times (Volume 20 Number 3) is now available by mail order.
- Frank Hampson’s pre- and post-Dan Dare Art (part 2)
- Some thoughts on Dan Dare’s ‘Operation Saturn’
- Jack o’Lantern in Wiltshire, an exploration of setting (part 2)
- EAGLE Autographs (part 1)
- Hulton’s Book Flyers
- PC49 – Cases from Radio Times
- If Hampson was drawing Dan Dare Today..?
- Whatever Happened to Harold Johns (part 2)
- PC49 – Case of Black Daffodil (part 3)
- Keith Watson’s Dan Dare (part 3)
- EAGLE on the Web
- Frank Hampson’s ‘Doctor Who’
- Pop Music in Eagle Times – 1959
- Dick Barton (part 4) Films (2)
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.