Writer(s): Ron Marz, Matt Wagner, Dave Johnson, Tom Raney, Rufus Dayglo, Andy Kuhn, Dave Dorman, Mark A. Nelson, W.H. Rauf and more…
Artist Name(s): Jim Steranko, Dave Wilkins, Sami Basri, Alex Horley, Tom Raney, Brian Smith, D’Israeli, Garrie Gastonny, Mark A. Nelson, Stanley ‘Artgerm’ Lau, Garry Leach, Dave Johnson, Barnaby Bagenda, Sakti Yuwono, Dave Dorman, Steve White, Kai Lim, Andy Kuhn, Philip Tan, Rhoald Marcellius, Michael T. Gilbert, Sunny Gho, Doug Braithwaite and more…
The A1 Annual comes with two covers to collect, including a special Diamond exclusive cover by Jim Steranko and Stanley ‘Artgerm’ Lau!
A1 has always been a laboratory for creators to experiment and innovate, to break away from corporate creations and unleash their own ideas. Already proving a success with the new monthly comic book, this first all-new A1 Annual marks the thrilling return of the award-winning graphic anthology series to bookshelves everywhere!
Inside these oversized pages, a Who’s Who of comics’ talent – past, present and future – spread their imaginative wings across a gripping selection of all-new short stories. Which ones will be the breakout, creator-owned characters of tomorrow?!
• Island in the Sky – written by JOE SIMON, penciled by JACK KIRBY and inked by AL WILLIAMSON.
• Tales of Old Fennario – written and drawn by SANDY PLUNKETT
• Terror of the Lesbian Nudist Colony – written by SCOTT HAMPTON and MARK KNEECE and illustrated by SCOTT HAMPTON
• The Riddle of the Recalcitrant Refuse – written by ALAN MOORE and illustrated by MICHAEL T. GILBERT with WILLIAM LOEBS and DARCY & KEVIN HORN.
• Emily Almost – written and drawn by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
• Solid Gold Death Mask – written and drawn by RUFUS DAYGLO
• The Boston Metaphysical Society – written by MADELEINE HOLLY-ROSING and illustrated by EMILY HU
• The Odd Ball – written with layouts and color by NORMAN FELCHE and illustrated by ALEX SHEIKMAN.
• Where The Gods Are – written and illustrated by MARK A. NELSON.
• Origin of Evil – written by DAVE ELLIOTT and illustrated by BARNABY BAGENDA and JESSICA KHOLINNE
• Raging Rod – written and drawn by DAVE JOHNSON
• Little Star – written and illustrated by DOMINIC REGAN
Page Count: 176pp
Full Colour, B&W, or partial colour: FC
Retail Price: $22.99
Street Date: 12th November 2013
Diamond Order Code Regular Edition: MAY131271
Diamond Order Code Previews Exclusive Edition: MAY131272
• Titan Comics: http://titan-comics.com
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.