Rebellion has announced the full thrill-powered line-up of events for The Day of Dredd, celebrating the legacy and cultural impact of Britain’s biggest comic book export, Judge Dredd.
Taking place on Saturday 7th September 2019, this mixture of creator signings, live art jams, film screenings, and panel talks is dedicated to recognising and exploring Dredd’s place in global pop culture – with more events still to be announced.
To celebrate the worldwide release of the collected edition of critically acclaimed and lauded thriller, Judge Dredd: The Small House, on Thursday September 5th writer Rob Williams will be signing at the Forbidden Planet Megastore in London between 6-7.00pm.
Then on Saturday September 7th, events on both sides of the Atlantic will take place with many of the creators who have helped make Judge Dredd one of the world’s most iconic comic book characters, including:
• Colin MacNeil signing at Forbidden Planet in Newcastle
• Patrick Goddard and TC Eglington signing at Forbidden Planet in Bristol
Ian Edginton and Steve Yeowell signing at Worlds Apart in Birmingham
• A morning comics workshop for kids with Ned Hartley at Gosh! Comics in London
• A mega-signing at Gosh! Comics in London (from 1.00pm) with Mick McMahon, John Higgins, Dan Abnett, Arthur Ranson and Sally Jane Hurst
• Evening talk with writer Rob Williams at Gosh! Comics in London
• Eoin Coveney and PJ Holden signing at Big Bang Comics, Dublin
• Andy Diggle, Nick Brokenshire and Abigail Ryder signing at Travelling Man Manchester, plus a chin-gurning competition!
• Staz Johnson signing at Travelling Man in Leeds
• Anthony Williams signing at Tate’s Comics in Florida, USA
• Alex De Campi and Simon Fraser signing at Anyone Comics, Brooklyn, New York, USA
• Laurence Campbell and Conor Boyle will be at Dredd Live Art Jam at Orbital Comics & Gallery in London with a galaxy of indie art stars
• As we reported yesterday, Phil Winslade will be a main guest at High Vis Street Culture Festival in Birmingham
• The Assembly House in Leeds will be staging a live art jam and Judge Dredd tribute art exhibition by the stars of the Leeds independent art scene
• INJ Culbard, Ben Oliver, Alan Davis, Ryan Brown, Simon Bisley, Dylan Teague, David Hine, Pete Doherty and Mark Farmer will be appearing at the NICE Convention in Bedford.
If you’re a die-hard Dredd-head that can’t attend these events in person, you can still get involved in the vast online celebrations! Fans will be encouraged to participate by sharing their own personal memories of first encountering Dredd himself, or their favourite characters from his vast universe of stories using the hashtag #DAYOFDREDD
Comic book shops and libraries who send in evidence of their DAY OF DREDD displays will receive care-packages so good they should be illegal. The most imaginative winner will be awarded DAY OF DREDD GOLDEN EAGLE certificate and receive a treasure trove of complimentary 2000 AD goodies including trade paperbacks, toys, and merchandising rarities.
• If you’re a comic book store, book store, or library and are interested in staging an event for the Day of Dredd, get in touch with the 2000 AD team at press@2000AD.com or tag them in a social media post
[amazon_link asins=’1781087415,B00NA90XQO,9460788777,B01H29VN84,178108694X,1684050448′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’downthetubes’ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’96e60f26-cc82-4e4e-8304-4a9d8da9e441′]