Happy New Year to you all and the very best to creators popping by, as they start work on their many new projects for 2014. We’re already hearing about some great new titles and strips destined for publication by British comic publishers in the coming months and, day jobs permitting, we’ll endeavour to keep you posted on as many as we can.
2013 was a year of change for downthetubes.net, and a positive one, we think, with our move to our new site in early June. Visitor numbers have increased through the year, thanks in no small part to generous plugs for various stories on various social media sites from our followers. (Our top referring sites were facebook, twitter, reddit, the old downthetubes blog and kasterborous.com).
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. Since we changed our format in June 2013, the main downthetubes site has been viewed about 95,000 times. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, we’re told it would take about four days for that many people to see it.
In 2013, there were 928 new posts, written by a wide and growing range of contributors, increasing the total archive of this site to 3,408 posts (not including features and other items on the original site, which lurks here).
The busiest day of the year was 6th November with 5,699 views. The most popular post that day was Beano gets a Top Gear makeover thanks to guest editor Richard Hammond.
These are our posts which got the most views in 2013. Thank you for visiting!
- Beano gets a Top Gear makeover thanks to guest editor Richard Hammond – November 2013
- ITV Studios offers sneek peek of new Thunderbird 1 – September 2013
- Doctor Who: Our Twelfth Doctor Art Challenge gathers pace – August 2013
- Eaglemoss launches Gerry Anderson Vintage Comic Collection – October 2013
- Twelfth Doctor Who Art Challenge: The Winner Is… – September 2013