With the Awesome Comics Podcast‘s first ever exhibitor appearance just around the corner, what better time to talk comics, conventions and get hyped for the upcoming London Super Comic Con 2016!
This time out, the gang – Vince Hunt, Dan Butcher and Tony Esmond – are joined by the fourth Beatle Emily Owen (the creator of Pup & Grumpicorn) to go through some do’s and don’ts of conventions and mention some experiences that small press creators have had. There’s some cosplay talk, the gang run through some of the guests both big and small press they’re looking forward to seeing and there’s also plenty of the ridiculous ACP humour you’ve come to expect.
Emily also drops in this week’s amusing fog horn edit, Dan vents about the amount of questions he received, Vince tells everyone his future album titles and Tony’s pronunciation of falafel is positively Tolkien…
Mentioned in this episode are: Emily Owen, London Super Comic Con, Dirty Rotten Comics, Sulk, Jeffrey Brown, Top Shelf Comics, Sex Pest Magazine, Dust Piggies, Dead Canary Comics, Let’s Play Murder, Secret Gardens, Disconnected Press, T Pub, Twisted Dark, Dead Mob, Sarah’s Scribbles, Sarah Andersen Illustration, Wart, Pipedream Comics, A Place to Hang Your Cape, Down the Tubes, and Emily’s Syrian Art Auction
• Listen to the Podcast right here! (WARNING – somme adult language throughout!)
• Every single episode of the Awesome Comics Podcast is listed right here on downthetubes
• You can find all the episodes so far by searching for The Awesome Comics Podcast on iTunes or go to www.awesomecomics.podbean.com. You can also follow their antics on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theawesomecomicspodcast or on Twitter @theawesomepod
• If you have a small press book that you think the guys would like then why not send it into them at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you love the ACP Intro/Outro music, then check out the brilliant Chad Fifer and more of his musical badassery at www.chadfifer.bandcamp.com