After a five-year rampage in which over one hundred bloodthirsty creators cut a bloody swath through 100% Biodegradable’s hallowed halls, leaving 750 pages of comic strip carnage in their wake, the final issue of the digital anthology is upon us!
INSIDE ISSUE 22…
• A haunted roller coaster ride spells trouble for a police detective suffering from motion sickness in “Death Coaster” by David Hailwood and Edward Whatley
• To achieve endless peace, a scientist must make the ultimate sacrifice in the hilarious and beautifully-drawn “Suicide Paradiso” by David Hailwood and Stu Smith
• Wise-cracking ape bounty hunter Pubba Gintaro goes up against samurai gangsters and android geishas in “Monkey’s Tea Party” by David Hailwood and Tony Suleri – one of my favourites this this issue!
• Can the crew of Skow 709 escape an ancient alien citadel before the whole place comes crashing down on top of them? Find out in the thrilling conclusion to “Skowdogs” by John Freeman, David Hailwood, Dave Thomson and Ken Reynolds
• A rogue A.I. threatens the crew of a space exploration vessel in “Going Rogue” by John Osborn, Filipe Goncalves, Liam O’ Connor and Ken Reynolds
• The ugliest man on the planet looks to trendy cosmetic geneticists for help in “The Gene Scrub” by Edward R. Norden
WAIT – THERE’S MORE!
If the excitement of a new issue of 100% Biodegradable already wasn’t enough for you, editor David Hailwood is only treating us to 100% Biodegradable Apocalypse Special, too, featuring another awesome selection of strips, with a great cover from Dan Dare and Commando artist Alan Burrows!
• In a world populated by Elvis impersonators, being anything other than ‘The King’ is met with swift retribution in “Apocalypse Now Or Never” by Jimmy Furlong, Andrew Hartmann, Val Ramon and Ken Reynolds
• A cockroach and a cuppa bring about the end of the world in “Rusty The Cockroach” by Stu Smith, David Hailwood and Simon Mackie
• Everyone’s favourite party crashing mushrooms celebrate Earth’s five billionth birthday in true Funguys style…drink, drugs and gunfire in “The Party of the Party of the First Part” by Alan Grant, Alan Burrows and Matt Yeo
• At the edge of existence, a lone survivor waits out the apocalypse in his local tavern in “Last Orders” by David Hailwood and Stuart Giddings
• The last human wages war on a deadly alien menace in a truly unique fashion in “Love and War” by David Hailwood and Dave Thomson
• A newly elected alien leader builds a wall around the city to protect his people from parasitic outsiders in “Insular” by Mark Bertolini, Jerome Eyquem and Micah Myers
• The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse form a boy band with the intention of using reality TV to bring about the downfall of mankind in “Apocalypse Boys Ride Out” by David Hailwood, Brett Burbridge and Ken Reynolds
42 pages of world ending comic carnage for one low price!
BUY 100% Biodegradable 22 (priced $0.99/69p)
BUY THE 100% Biodegradable Apocalypse Special (priced $1.49/99p)
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.