BBC Doctor Who Adventures has just revealed the ultimate Doctor Who family in the UK following its popular competition in its 350th issue.
“Earlier this year we launched our search to find a family that live and breath Doctor Who unlike any other,” Moray Laing, the titles’s editor says. “We were really impressed with the response and it wasn’t easy choosing the overall winner because we got some amazing entries!
“However, the ultimate award goes to the Fishpool family from Cleveland. In their entry they explained how the boys, Dylan and Noah, have a TARDIS blue bedroom, have amazing Doctor Who parties and love playing Doctor Who all the time… and they even have a dog called Tennant.”
The family win a year’s worth of Doctor Who Adventures, an action figure and a Doctor Who calendar. Three runner-up families win goodies too.
Also this issue:
- A sneaky look at the next two episodes of Doctor Who
- Which monster should be crowned the grossest creature of all time?
- The chance to win Doctor Who – Deep Breath on DVD plus a complete set of Doctor Who Regeneration stickers from Topps
- Essential facts about the Dalek Prime Minister
- Fun puzzles, quizzes and things to cut out and keep
- An interview with Ben Miller, who recently played the Sheriff of Nottingham in “Robot of Sherwood”
- Comic fun and danger for the Doctor, Clara drawn by John Ross – and also the Alien Babies
- Bonus token to win a life-size TARDIS for your school… All this and loads more!
• The new issue of BBC Doctor Who Adventures, Issue 355, is on sale from today, 24th September – 7th October 2014, priced £3.99. The issue comes with a massive A2 Doctor Who poster to celebrate the launch of the new Topps Regeneration collection, plus 13 Doctor Who stickers, including exclusive releases
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.