— Kev F Comic Artist (@KevFComicArtist) February 2, 2015
DC Thomson Consumer Products has announced several new products and partners in the gifting and homewares categories for The Beano and its stars Dennis the Menace and Gnasher at this year’s licensing Spring Fair at the NEC Birmingham.
• Leading the slate of DC Thomson licensees exhibiting the Dennis the Menace and Gnasher licensing programme at Spring Fair 2015 is licensed fancy dress and accessories Rubies who are presenting its latest Dennis the Menace dress-up for kids and adults at the show. The line offers children aged three to ten years a chance to dress as their favourite menace and includes a top, shorts and mask, in addition to an adult costume which also features a top, shorts and wig in a variety of sizes.
Beano artist Kev Sutherland is on the Rubies on the stand today, Monday 2nd tomorrow to meet visitors and illustrate signed caricatures.
• Confectionery manufacturer and distributor, Rose Confectionery, who have a long association with DC Thomson, will unveil its innovative line of Dennis the Menace and Gnasher and The Beano treats which features the Pick Or Prank Desktop sweet dispenser, the Old Fashioned Sweet Shop tin complete with sweet jars, the Sweet Selection Tin plus exclusive comic, Winter Warmer Mugs which include quirky mug jerseys and the Pranks Halloween Coffin. Visitors to their stand will also have the chance to tuck in to the giant Pick or Prank sweet dispenser stand.
• Party decorations and accessories manufacturer, Neviti will showcase its vibrant Dennis the Menace and Gnasher partyware line for kids including plates, cups, napkins, treat tubs, bowls, lunch boxes, party bags, balloons, bunting, invitations and name stickers.
• Trademark Collections are exhibiting their Dennis the Menace and Gnasher accessories range which features a novelty backpack, plain backpack, wallet and lunch bag.
• Blue Sky Studios is presenting its innovative selection of Dennis the Menace and Gnasher stationery items such as notebooks, pencil cases, erasers, pencils and rulers which are all set to hit retail from Q4.
• Representing the classic The Beano programme is The Lagoon Group that will launch its extensive line of fun retro The Beano games and practical joke products at this year’s show. Targeting loyal fans and kids, the practical joke range features a variety of gifting ideas ideal for pranksters such as Fake Cockroach, Gnasher Poop, Rattlesnack Eggs, Dirty Soap and Relighting Candles, in addition to a range of games including the Spud Gun, Catapult, Jacks, Marbles and Water Pistol. Products are all due to hit UK retail from February 2015.
• British gifting manufacturer Castlemelamine will also showcase a selection of The Beano accessories including magnets, badges, tablemats, mouse mats, cushion trays, notepads and coasters. Castlemelamine has also been commended for its latest Classic Beano Set which features a badge set, magnet set and exercise book in the ‘Gift of the Year’ competition where the firm have been shortlisted into the branded/character category.
• 151 Products will present its range of The Beano Air Fresheners that will be available in a variety of grocers and independent retailers throughout the UK and Ireland. 151 have also recently signed to extend its line with DC Thomson Consumer Products and develop a range of Dennis the Menace and Gnasher toiletries to launch in the near future.
• Gibson Games will exhibit its popular line of puzzles which feature a Beano 1000pc puzzle with an exclusive Beano comic and the Dennis & Gnasher puzzle
• Signature Gifts will be at the show displaying its range of personalised gifting items such as The Beano calendars, books and mugs which are available through leading online retailers.
Further licensees at the show include GB Eye for branded posters and Hype for a collection of greeting cards.