The Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast team visited Macc-Pow in Macclesfield last month, now in its third year. Podcast co-host Nikki Bates stood behind the table selling comics for the first time, while Ian Loxam had a great chat with many wonderful creators.
Interviewed for the Podcast were Nick Brokenshire, David Leach, Lew Stringer, Rick Eades, Floating Rock Comics, Dr Sarah McNicol, Jacob Phillips, Eleanor Crewes, Emma Donnelly, James Chapman and, of course, Marc Jackson, the director of Macc Pow and creator of the new Goof! comic.
The team review Matt Garvey’s Red Rocket Comet and Olivier Kugler‘s reportage graphic novel Escaping Wars and Waves.
Although Mike Williams is on holiday, Pete Taylor is on hand to talk all about humour comics.
There’s good news for followers of the podcast – this episode has been sponsored by Goof! Check out the link to the podcast below and find out how you can get two months free for a limited time only. That’s twelve comics for the price of ten for a limited time only.
• Listen to the Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast Episode 31: Macc-Pow 2018 here
• Read Ian Loxam’s review of Macc-Pow here on downthetubes
• Download and subscribe on iTunes
• The Lakes International Comic Art Festival returns to Kendal in the Lake District in October 2018: www.comicartfestival.com
• Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast: www.comicartpodcast.uk | Twitter: @comicartfestpod | Facebook: @ComicArtPodcast | Instagram: @ComicArtPodcast
Contributors to the Lakes International Comic Art Festival Podcast – Episode 31 include Pete Taylor: www.thismanthispete.com but not Mike Williams (enjoy your break, Mike!) – find him on Twitter @CthulhuPunk
Categories: Audio, British Comics, Creating Comics, downthetubes Comics News, downthetubes News, Events, Other Worlds