Issue 23 of the fab Andersonic zine is now available via the title’s website (and eBay for a short period in the Collectibles > SF > Thunderbirds section). There’s a great mix of articles in the ‘zine, including a look back at the 1990s Captain Scarlet comics with Graeme Bassett.
Features the following:-
- Ayshea Brough Interview – the actress talks about her time working on UFO
- Archive – In 1993, Chris Drake interviewed Gerry Anderson for his book UFO & Space: 1999. In the third part of this interview Gerry talked candidly about the making of Captain Scarlet
- Alan Shubrook – Alan writes about the recent demolition of the Century 21 studios in Slough and also shares his thoughts on working on Captain Scarlet
- Captain Scarlet Comics of the 1990s – Graeme Bassett writes about his work on Alan Fennell’s comic revival of the early 1990s .
- The A-Z of Stingray – Essential marine facts for the aquanaut of tomorrow – today!
- Space: 1999 – a critique of End of Eternity with the emphasis on Ray Austin’s direction.
- The Protectors – Mike Coldwell casts an eye over Shadbolt
- Watching the Watchers – A look at Granada’s Supermarionation transmission history of the 1960s and 70s
- Captain Scarlet – ‘Point 783’ – two writers slug it out over this popular episode
- Merchandise Reviews – recent CDs and books reviewed, plus ‘Things You Do (when you’re a fan)’, news of an upcoming UFO convention and some other stuff
Issue 23 comprises 44 pages with colour inner and outer covers. If you’d prefer to pay by cheque, get in touch with the publishers for their new postal address. Back issues are also (mostly) in print.
Please bear in mind that all issues are posted in pristine condition and we can’t be held responsible for any damage in transit.
• Order your copy now via www.andersonic.co.uk
Categories: downthetubes News, Magazines, Other Worlds, Television