Pre-buy orders have opened for Network’s special, limited edition Supermarionation box set featuring an all-new special edition of the popular 1960s comic TV Century 21 today (1st August).
As we previously reported, called simply Supermarionation will be on sale from 20th October,following the premier of the company’s Filmed in Supermarionation documentary on 30th September.
This special and very limited Blu-ray box set has been described as “the ultimate collection” for aficionados of Gerry Anderson’s iconic Supermarionation series. Limited to just 2,500 copies, it marries the brand new film with a selection of key episodes from the Supermarionation spectrum, all painstakingly restored for the first time from the original film elements.
A newly expanded and redesigned edition of Filmed in Supermarionation director Stephen La Riviere’s book of the same name is also included, as well an exclusive one-off TV Century 21 comic, Number Issue 243 (picking up after the last standalone issue published in 1969 before its merger with Joe 90), featuring all-new art by Mike Collins, Martin Baines and Lew Stringer, and a wallet of postcards featuring newly created artwork based on the film’s graphics, all presented in a beautifully crafted box.
The complete box set, offered at the pre-buy price of £80 until 13th October contains:
Stephen La Rivière brings his acclaimed history of Supermarionation to the big screen, with a mix of newly filmed interviews, rare and unseen archive footage, reconstructions of the Supermarionation techniques – all hosted by Lady Penelope, Parker and Brains. The Blu-ray edition features a wealth of special features including extended interviews and full-length archive material (Also available separately on DVD/Blu-ray).
FILMED IN SUPERMARIONATION – BOOK
Stephen La Rivère’s history of Supermarionation has been newly updated and is presented here in a redesigned, deluxe slipcased edition, featuring scores of rare photographs, many of them previously unpublished. (A standalone edition will be available later).
THIS IS SUPERMARIONATION
Lady Penelope and Parker are our hosts for more than four hours of Supermarionation in action! Beautifully restored, complete episodes are presented in High Definition interspersed with new linking material, rare archive material, original commercial break bumpers (reinstated with actual commercials), trailers and more make for the ultimate celebration. (Available separately as a Blu-ray doublepack with Filmed in Supermarionation but not available on DVD)
Episodes included in this set:
• Four Feather Falls: Gunfight on Main Street • Supercar: False Alarm • Fireball XL5: Space City Special • Stingray: Pilot • Thunderbirds: Terror in New York City • Captain Scarlet: The Mysterons • Joe 90: Hi-Jacked • The Secret Service: More Haste, Less Speed
HD21 – THE WORLDS OF GERRY ANDERSON IN HIGH DEFINITION
Two additional Blu-ray discs of restored key episodes spanning every Supermarionation series from Supercar to The Secret Service. (Also available as two separate volumes on Blu-ray – not available on DVD)
Episodes included in this set:
• Supercar: Crash Landing • Fireball XL5: Planet 46 • Stingray: Plant of Doom • Stingray: Titan Goes Pop • Thunderbirds: Trapped in the Sky • Captain Scarlet: Treble Cross • Joe 90: The Most Special Agent • Supercar: Talisman of Sargon • Fireball XL5: XL5 to H2O • Stingray: Count Down • Thunderbirds: Atlantic Inferno • Captain Scarlet: Winged Assassin • Captain Scarlet: Noose of Ice • The Secret Service: A Case for the BISHOP
EXCLUSIVE TV Century 21 – Edition 243
Unique to this box set, we present a brand-new edition of the classic Century 21 comic TV21, taking up where the original series left off. Produced to the same size and specification as the original, this all-new, single issue features newly-commissioned comic strips from original 1960s illustrators including Gerry Embleton and Martin Asbury, alongside the very best in contemporary comic talent. Contributors include Mike Collins, Martin Baines, Lew Stringer and Marvel UK writer John Freeman. This official and special edition is only available as part of this set.
EXCLUSIVE COMMEMORATIVE POSTCARDS
A wallet of A5-sized postcards featuring some of the Justin T. Lee’s stylish graphics originally produced for the film and book – available only as part of this box set.
Pre-Buy Points to Note:
• This is a PRE-BUY for a limited edition box set and is only available while stocks last. It is not available through general retail outlets.
• For this PRE-BUY, PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item will not be despatched until 20 October 2014 (at the latest)
• This PRE-BUY price is £80 (including VAT). On 13th October the price will revert to its original RRP of £100.
• Shipping is in addition to the PRE-BUY price. This is a heavy item (nearly 3kg) and courier shipping is priced accordingly – £3.60 UK, £40.00 Non-UK.
• When you complete your PRE-BUY you will receive an electronic confirmation by email. If you do not get an email confirmation then please contact us immediately as your PRE-BUY may not have processed correctly.
• Do not order any other items when your PRE-BUY as this will jeopardise processing. Please order any other current titles you want to buy separately.
• This is a Blu-ray only set. Filmed in Supermarionation is region free but the other Blu-ray elements are Region B only so please ensure that your player is able to play region B discs before purchasing.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot connect to the website then please try again later. – See more at: http://networkonair.com/shop/2038-supermarionation-box-set-pre-buy-5027626708146.html#sthash.p2nWVsjp.dpuf
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.