Here are the Top Ten most visited posts on downthetubes this week (not counting our home page):
• “Does Your Dad Draw for Roy of the Rovers?”
Antony Harding pays tribute to his father, the brilliant artist Tony Harding
• DieGo to publish top, award winning Italian comic character in the UK
New British publisher’s latest Kickstarter project announced
• Tom Plant’s “Sunshine Bay” – Every Bit as Good as People Say
A quick look at a great new independently-published comic from the Beano and Oldie cartoonist
• London-based Titan Comics seek new editor
Titan continues to expand, and needs a brave soul to join their thriving throng.
• Alan Hebden and José Ortiz “Tower King” tale from New Eagle collected
A great collection from New Eagle is on sale now
• Diamondsteel Comics seeks new artists
Scottish indie publisher looking for creators to draw their Scottish superhero, Saltire
• “A Lovely Bloke”
Artist Barrie Mitchell remembers Tony Harding
• WebFinds: Looking back on Speakeasy, a comics magazine that crashed and burned
An account of a the rise and fall of a British comics news magazine discovered
• Copyright under review in Europe
Your chance to have your say on proposed changes
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.
Categories: Site Announcements