Comic book superstars Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons and Kevin O’Neill are set to return to the pages of the legendary 2000AD for its 2000th issue, out later in the year – along with both classic characters such as Nemesis the Warlock, and new ones, too.
Europe’s longest running science fiction-oriented action comic reaches its landmark 2000th issue on 28th September and some of the most prominent creators ever to grace its pages have returned for a 48-page celebration bonanza.
Bolland (Batman: The Killing Joke), McMahon (The Last American), Gibbons (Watchmen), and O’Neill (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) are just some of the incredible talent to return to 2000AD, creators whose work helped shape the early Progs that put the comic on the map and helped ensure its enduring success as other weeklies sadly fell by the way side.
2000AD creator Pat Mills and writers John Wagner, Alan Grant, Dan Abnett and Gordon Rennie are also part of this amazing-looking Prog, along with artists Rufus Dayglo, Richard Elson, David Roach, Mark Sexton and more.
This issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000AD since 1987, as well as a brand new series by Peter Milligan (X-Statix, Hellblazer) and a poster featuring specially commissioned artwork.
First hitting the racks in 1977, 2000AD is today a globally influential bestseller, launching the careers of some of the industry’s most famous talents and proving instrumental in shaping contemporary comics.
Prog 2000 will be available with three variant covers – newsstand customers will be able to choose between covers by Cliff Robinson and Chris Burnham, while a special Glenn Fabry wraparound cover will be exclusively available through comic book stores via Diamond Distribution.
Comic book stores using Diamond will also be able to take advantage of a buy-one-get-one-free offer to double their offering for what will be a highly sought after issue.
The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
- A special one-off “Judge Dredd” story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
- Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill reunite for a special “Nemesis the Warlock” story
- “Psi-Judge Anderson” has another psychic case from Alan Grant and David Roach
- “Sinister Dexter” hit the road, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Mark Sexton
- A mysterious prisoner has a tale to tell in “Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth” by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
- Brand-new identity-theft thriller “Counterfeit Girl” by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo debuts
- Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith and more
• 2000AD Prog 2000 will be available from UK comic book stores and newsagents on 28 September, as well as from North American comic book stores via Diamond Distribution, and in print and digital from the 2000AD online shop and apps. Web: www.2000adonline.com