Word and Image Crossovers, an international and interdisciplinary conference, will take place 29th – 30th September 2014.
This conference will explore the possible interactions between word and image in literature and its adaptations and visual translations and the organisers welcome examinations of both traditional and experimental forms of word and image crossovers with an emphasis on the visual aspect.
To stimulate “lively discussions and an exchange of ideas between scholars working within specific research areas” they suggest that the conference presentations are arranged within clearly defined sections that include but are not limited to:
1) Illustrated fiction/non-fiction
2) Picture Books
3) Comics, graphic novels
4) Adaptations of literary works (film, performing arts, video games, other types of visual translation)
5) Experimental literature, literature and new media (interactive literature, digital poetry, hypertext),
6) Visual poetry (concrete, shape poetry)
Please submit an abstract of 300 words for twenty-minute papers (with the title of the conference section clearly indicated) and a short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th February 2014 for consideration. Participants will be notified by 15th March 2014.
• Organised by the English Department, Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz, more details about this conference can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/wordimagecrossovers/call-for-papers
One of many guest posts for downthetubes.