It’s the brilliant Slainé artist Leonardo Manco delivering this week’s 2000AD cover (Prog 2228), and delivering in style.
While the latest edition of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic may be the only thrill from Rebellion going on sale today in comic shops and newsagents across the UK, the company have plenty more in coming weeks, not least of them a much anticipated of the 2000AD strip Thistlebone by TC Eglington and Simon Davis and, further down the line, the third volume of The Rise and Fall of The Trigan Empire.
On sale from 20th July, a stunning variant 2000AD and Treasury of British Comics web shop hardback with a cover by Chris Weston is now available to pre-order.
Here’s our latest guide to Rebellion releases – and if you haven’t already bought them, Judge Dredd Megazine – Issue 431 – and the Evil Genius 2 Special are still on sale, too!
(Although Tharg seems to thing the Meg is out this week in the latest Prog editorial… has he erred, or did we, last week, or has The Mighty One been over indulging in polystyrene cups again?)
2000AD Prog 2228
On Sale Wednesday 21st April in the UK (Physical and Digital)
On Sale 26th May in the US
Cover by Leonardo Manco
• Judge Dredd: The Penitent Man by Kenneth Niemand (Writer) Tom Foster (Artist) Chris Blythe (Colourist) Annie Parkhouse (Letterer)
• Thistlebone: Poisoned Roots by TC Eglington (Writer) Simon Davies (Artist) Simon Bowland (Letterer)
• Sláine: Dragontamer by Pat Mills (Writer) Leonardo Manco (Artist) Annie Parkhouse (Letterer)
• Tharg’s 3rillers: Chorus & The Ring by James Peaty (Writer) Mike Collins (Artist) Dylan Teague (Colourist) Annie Parkhouse (Letterer)
• Feral & Foe II by Dan Abnett (Writer) Richard Elson (Artist) Jim Campbell (Letterer)
Recent Rebellion Releases…
Flesh: Midnight Cowboys (Digital Only) – 7th April 2021
• The Spider’s Syndicate of Crime – 15th April
• The Vigilant TPB – 15th April
• Thistlebone – 29th April 2021
The secluded rural village of Harrowvale holds a dark past—that years earlier, on a farm bordering the vast tracts of woodland, it hosted a cult that was seeking to escape civilisation and find purity in the old ways, namely worshipping an ancient deity called Thistlebone. Led by the charismatic Jasper Hillman, their pagan beliefs grew ever more radical to the point where they held the young Avril Eason captive with the intention of sacrificing her. But Avril escaped…
May 2021 Releases
• Time Flies (Digital Only) – 5th May 2021
• Devlin Waugh: Blood Debt – 13 May 2021
• Fill Tilt Boogie – 13 May
• Adam Eterno – 27 May
June 2021 Releases
• Slaughter Bowl (Digital Only) – 2 June
• Tammy & Jinty Remixed – 10th June
• Judge Dredd: Guatemala – 22nd June
• Battler Britton – War Picture Library by Hugo Pratt – 24th June
July 2021 Releases
• 2000AD Regened Volume 2 – 6th July
• Aquila Volume 2 (Digital Only) – 7th July 2021
• The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume III – 20th July
The third thrilling omnibus of The Rise and Fall of The Trigan Empire – the lost SF adventure classic from the 1960s – is available to pre-order now.
Available in paperback or exclusive hardcover with new cover by artist Chris Weston, this third volume of the groundbreaking and highly-influential series features lush painted comic art by comics master Don Lawrence, a series that confirmed him as one of the greatest comic book artists of all time.
• Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Vol. 37– 22nd July
August 2021 Releases
• Bad City Blue (Digital Only) – Release Date: 4th August 2021
• Ken Reid’s Football Funnies: The First Half – 5th August
• Lawless Volume 3: Ashes to Ashes – 5th August
• Hershey: Disease – 17th August
• The Stainless Steel Rat – 19th August
• Essential Judge Dredd: Origins – 31st August
September 2021 Releases
• Firekind (Digital Only)
• Sláine: Dragontamer – 2nd September
• Dark Judges: The Fall of Deadworld Vol. 3 – 14th September
• The Thirteenth Floor Volume 3 – 16th September
October 2021 Releases
• Black Max Volume 2 – 14th October
• Fiends of the Eastern Front – 14th October
• Megatropolis – 14th October
• Roy of the Rovers: New Digs – 28th October 2021
November 2021 Releases
• Tales from the Black Museum Volume 1(Digital Only) – 3rd November 2021
• Judge Dredd: Dreadnoughts – 9th November
• Misty Presents: The Jaume Rumeu Collection– 11th November
• Brink Volume 4 – 23rd November
• The Treasury of British Comics Presents: The Tom Paterson Collection – 25th November
December 2021 Releases
• Durham Red – Born Bad (Digital Only) – 1st December 2021
• Hellman of Hammer Force – 9th December
• Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Volume 38 – 9th December
• Scarlet Traces Volume 3 – 9th December
2000AD AND TREASURY OF BRITISH COMICS SPECIALS 2021
All three Specials will be available from all good newsagents and comic book stores, as well as from the 2000AD and Treasury of British Comics webshops
Black Beth and the Devils of Al-Kadesh
Publication date: 23rd June 2021
After her appearance in Rebellion’s previous Scream! & Misty Specials, the sword-swinging Black Beth is back, written by Alec Worley(Durham Red) and drawn by DaNi (Coffin Bound),
2000AD Sci-Fi Special
Publication date: 7th July 2021
This year’s 2000AD Sci-Fi Special – a staple part of 2000AD’s publishing DNA for decades – offers a fantastic collection of original Dredd-world stories, all connected to the same over-arching narrative and plotted by writers Mike Carroll (Judge Dredd) and Maura McHugh (Anderson, Psi Division).
Dive into the dystopian world of Judge Dredd as he brings law to the lawless on the mean streets of Mega-City One!
The Monster Fun Halloween Spooktacular
Publication date: 22nd September 2021
Back for Halloween 2021, join the Treasury of British Comics’ creepiest and coolest goblins, ghouls and vamps for brand new, HELL-arious comic strips.
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.