Just for fun, here’s a list of our most popular stories this week so on downthetubes in order of popularity, omitting ‘landings’ on our home page…
- The Daily Mail’s Doctor Who newspaper strip that never was
- Ten Questions: Lighter Than My Shadow creator Katie Green
- Marvel UK Projects That Might Have Been: Coronation Street
- Comic fans warned over G+ virus dangers after Rich Johnston explodes*
- 2000AD Art Competition goes steampunk
- ITV Studios offers sneek peek of new Thunderbird 1
- Marvel UK Memories: Top Shelf Marvel!
- In Review: The Hartlepool Monkey
- London Film and Comic Con in Pictures
- Titan Comics gears up for New York Comic Con, new titles to be announced
* Just to remind you, Rich Johnston has not exploded. We were being silly. We don’t want to worry his aunt again…
— Rich Johnston (@richjohnston) October 7, 2013
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.