Judge Dredd: End of Days is Rebellion’s tentpole collection for Spring 2021, a new mega-epic major from creators Rob Williams (Suicide Squad), Henry Flint (Aliens), and Colin MacNeil (Judge Dredd: America). An unapologetic bit of old school Dredd, some great preview pages have been released to tempt the undecided…
Also in the collection, the “defund the police” movement comes to Mega-City One as, in the aftermath of End of Days, Portland-based writer Arthur Wyatt (Samizdat Squad) joins Williams in bringing the world of Dredd bang up-to-date.
Out this week in the UK this week, Rebellion’s special extended preview features below – alongside information on other new titles including 2000AD Prog 2223, which features a “Thistlebone” cover by Simon Davis, also on sale this week.
End of Days is a one-and-done epic – perfect for readers new to Dredd’s world who are looking for fast-paced, explosive, edge-of-your-seat action.
The revelatory tale sees Mega-City One’s toughest Judge takes on the harbingers of the Final Judgement! When a lone rider arrives at the wall protecting the city from The Cursed Earth, he brings more than ill-tidings. The meta-normal cowboy killer Ichabod Azrael is on a mission – and it’s by now means certain that he, Judge Dredd, Judge Anderson, or even the world will survive…
Judge Dredd: End of Days crowns a superlative run on the future’s greatest lawman by Williams, whose stories Judge Dredd: Titan and Judge Dredd: The Small House joined his work with fellow writers Simon Spurrier (Hellblazer) and Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk) on Judge Dredd: Trifecta as modern classics.
Judge Dredd: The End of Days
Creative Team: Rob Williams, Arthur Wyatt (Writers) Colin MacNeil, Henry Flint, Boo Cook, Dan Cornwell (Artists) Chris Blythe, Jim Boswell (Colourist) Simon Bowland, Annie Parkhouse (Letterers)
Paperback, 144 pages
Release Date: 16th March (UK), 14th April (US/CAN)
PRICE: £14.99 / $19.99
Also Out This Week from Rebellion
2000AD Prog 2223
Cover by Simon Davis
• Cadet Dredd: Who Killed Captain Cookies by Kenneth Niemand (Writer) PJ Holden (Artist) Quinton Winter (Colourist) Annie Parkhouse (Letterer)
• Nakka of the S.T.A.R.S. by Brendan Mccarthy (Art and Story) Roger Langridge (Script) Len O’Grady, Brendan McCarthy (Colourist) Annie Parkhouse (Letterer)
• Thistlebone: Poisoned Roots by TC Eglington (Writer) Simon Davies (Artist) Simon Bowland (Letterer)
• Proteus Vex: The Shadow Chancellor by Mike Carroll (Writer) Jake Lynch (Artist) Jim Boswell (c) Simon Bowland (Letterer)
• Durham Red: Served Cold by Alec Worley (Writer) Ben Willsher (Artist) Jim Campbell (Letterer)
• Judge Dredd Megazine 430
More thrills abound in Megazine 430, with more Dredd, The Returners, Deliverance, Megatropolis and brand new Devlin Waugh!
• Judge Dredd: Destiny’s Child by Kenneth Niemand (Writer) Simon Coleby (Artist) Len O’Grady (Colourist) Annie Parkhouse (l)
• Megatropolis by Kenneth Neimand (Writer) Dave Taylor (Artist) Jim Campbell (Letterer)
• Devlin Waugh: A Question of Trust by Aleš Kot (Writer) Mike Dowling Simon Bowland (Letterer)
• The Returners: Heartswood by Si Spencer (Writer) Nicolo Assirelli (Artist) Eva De La Cruz (Colourist)
• Deliverance by David Hine (Writer) Nick Percival (Artist) Annie Parkhouse (Letterer)
Features: Si Spencer obituary, David Bishop & Robbie Morrison interview, 2000AD audiobooks | Bagged collection: 2000 AD Encyclopedia
REBELLION RELEASES – A RAPID CHECKLIST
• Roy of the Rovers: The Best of the 1970s – The Roy of the Rovers Years – Out Now, released 4d March
April 2021 Releases
May 2021 Releases
June 2021 Releases
• Slaughter Bowl (Digital Only) – 2 June
• Roy of the Rovers: The Best of the 1980s – Who Shot Roy Race? – 10 June
• Tammy & Jinty Remixed – 10 June
Collecting the Tammy & Jinty specials from 2019 and 2020, including stories from some of the most exciting creators working in the industry today, including Rachael Ball (Guardian best graphic novelist 2015), Rachael Smith (Quarantine Comix), Ramzee (British Comics Awards Nominee 2016), Lisa Henke, Yishan Li (Swing), Dani (Coffin Bound), V.V. Glass (Doctor Who), Elkys Nova (Roy of the Rovers) and more…
From sports drama through romance and action, featuring strips such as “Rocky Race”, “Boarding School”, “The Return of Cat Girl” and “Duckface” to name but a few, Tammy & Jinty Remixed pays tribute to the past while blazing a trail for girls’ comics of the future!
This collection also includes exclusive new interviews and features, plus reprints of classic strips including the fan favourite Cat Girl.
July 2021 Releases
• 2000AD Regened Volume 2 – 6th July
• Aquila Volume 2 (Digital Only) – 7th July 2021
• The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Volume III – 20 July
• Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Vol. 37 – 22 July
August 2021 Releases
• Bad City Blue (Digital Only) – Release Date: 4th August 2021
• Ken Reid’s Football Funnies: The First Half – 5 August
• Lawless Volume 3: Ashes to Ashes – 5 August
• Hershey: Disease – 17 August
• The Stainless Steel Rat – 19 August
• Essential Judge Dredd: Origins – 31 August
September 2021 Releases
• Firekind (Digital Only)
• Sláine: Dragontamer – 2 September
• Dark Judges: The Fall of Deadworld Vol. 3 – 14 September
• The Thirteenth Floor Volume 3 – 16 September
October 2021 Releases
• Black Max Volume 2 – 14 October
• Fiends of the Eastern Front – 14 October
• Megatropolis – 14 October
• Roy of the Rovers: New Digs – 28th October 2021
November 2021 Releases
• Tales from the Black Museum Volume 1 (Digital Only) – 3rd November 2021
• Judge Dredd: Dreadnoughts – 9 November
• Misty Presents: The Jaume Rumeu Collection – 11 November
• Brink Volume 4 – 23 November
• The Treasury of British Comics Presents: The Tom Paterson Collection – 25 November
December 2021 Releases
• Durham Red – Born Bad (Digital Only) – 1st December 2021
• Hellman of Hammer Force – 9 December
• Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Vol. 38 – 9 December
• Scarlet Traces Vol. 3 – 9 December
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.