Quite simply, if you are a fan of Doctor Who and Doctor Who Magazine, you should get out there an buy this, because it’s brilliant – and not just because of the freebies that come with it.
Apart from anything else, it includes an all-new comic strip featuring the Dalek killing anti-hro Abslom Daak, created by Steve Moore and Steve Dillon. More to the point, it’s written by Steve Moore and drawn by longtime DWM comic artst Martin Geraghty and worth the cover price alone.
Contents also include
- The first half of an exhaustive Abslom Daak tribute, including interviews with writer Steve Moore, and artists Steve Dillon and David Lloyd.
- A series of DWM editor interviews kicks off with a fascinating chat between founding Dez Skinn and current head honcho Tom Spilsbury. The magazine also chats to Paul Neary, Alan McKenzie, Cefn Ridout and the elusive Sheila Cranna.
- Ex-Doctors Tom Baker and Colin Baker talk about their comic strip selves.
- Dave Gibbons, Steve Parkhouse and Mick McMahon discuss The Tides of Time and Junkyard Demon, and we take in The Lodger with Gareth Roberts and Mike Collins.
- Plus there’s more comic strip – The Housekeeper, a story written by Paul Magrs and drawn by Bret M Herholz starring Mrs Wibbesey and the Fourth Doctor.
Vworp Vworp 2 comes with two covers: a wraparound Abslom Daak cover by Mike Collins, and an early Doctor Who Monthly pastiche featuring Junkyard Demon (with Jason Fletcher and Ben Willsher’s take on Daak on the back.
Plus, there’s a fantastic free gift in the form of a ‘Vworpabix’ board game. Based on the 1970s Weetabix game, Vworp Vworp’s has 16 character cards by Adrian Salmon and boards by Paul Grist, Jon Pinto, Leighton Noyes and Graeme Neil Reid.
A very limited edition magazine, you can order it here from the Vworp Vworp web site.
It’s totally brilliant – so get out there an grab one while you can.
|Vworpabix board game|