The latest issue of New British Comics, edited by Karol Wisniewski, co-creator of the upcoming Harbor Moon graphic novel published by Arcana, will soon go on sale, featuring the work of creators such as Dan White, Paul O’Connell and Lawrence Elwick, who provides the stunning cover featuring “Charlie Parker – Handyman”.
Also in the line up are strips by Warwick Johnson Cadwell, artist on Tag Team Tastic for The Dandy, and Wonderland by top cartoonist Wilbur Dawbarn, who has had hundreds of cartoons published in such diverse titles as Private Eye, The Sun, New Statesman, The Oldie and many others. He also created the comedy adventure strip Bodkin and the Bear for The DFC.
As with past issues, New British Comics Issue 3 will be available in both English and Polish.
The full line up is as follows:
• Cindy & Biscuit Save The World (again) by Dan White
• Ink vs Paper by John Miers
• Charlie Parker “Handyman”: Animal Magnetism by Lawrence Elwick & Paul O’Connell
• Better Living Through Distance by Dave Thomson
• Luvvable Lex: Dirty ‘N’ Down by Rob Miller
• Charlie Parker “Handyman”: Skyscraper Lunch by Lawrence Elwick & Paul O’Connell
• (crack) by Van Nim
• A Complex Machine by David Ziggy Greene
• Von Trapp by Warwick Johnson Cadwell (WJC)
• For more information and stockists visit: http://newbritishcomics.blogspot.com
The founder of downthetubes, which he established in 1998. John works as a comics and magazine editor, writer, and on promotional work for the Lakes International Comic Art Festival. He is currently editor of Star Trek Explorer, published by Titan – his third tour of duty on the title originally titled Star Trek Magazine.
Working in British comics publishing since the 1980s, his credits include editor of titles such as Doctor Who Magazine, Babylon 5 Magazine, and more. He also edited the comics anthology STRIP Magazine and edited several audio comics for ROK Comics. He has also edited several comic collections, including volumes of “Charley’s War” and “Dan Dare”.
He’s the writer of “Pilgrim: Secrets and Lies” for B7 Comics; “Crucible”, a creator-owned project with 2000AD artist Smuzz; and “Death Duty” and “Skow Dogs” with Dave Hailwood.