The International Alternative Press Fair has announced several exhibitions relating to its two-day event in London at the end of May (Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th).
Creators interested in being part of the actual Fair at the Conway Hall, Holborn, London, should booking table space now, deadline 4th AprilThe Fair will offer zines, comix, poetry, radical literature, printmaking and anything else self-published!
There will also be workshops (screenprinting, life-drawing, DIY fashion, etc.), talks, and an upstairs zine library run by www.zineswap.com.
The Fair is just part of a bigger festival of events:
• Festival Opening Party at the Miller Pub in London Bridge: Friday 27th May 2011
Featuring a performance by Resonance Radio Orchestra, an ensemble of musicians and actors from Resonance 104.4FM (http://resonancefm.com), London’s independent arts radio station. Collaborating with live illustration by artists from home and overseas.
|The cover of Stripburger Issue 54|
• Stripburger Exhibition: Saturday 28th May to Monday 13th June 2011
Small Press Supporters Orbital Comics, near Leicester Square
Europe’s best alternative comic www.stripburger.org/y_rele.htm. Artists, workshops, talks and more TBC.
• Exhibition, New Gallery, Camberwell Alternative Press Takeover Week: Monday 30th May to Sunday 5th June 2011
Including a film night, storytelling, poetry and zine sleep-over! With a live printing event at the end of the week. Artists TBC
• Exhibition, Sassoon Gallery, Camberwell – Narrative Mural on Railway Arch gallery: Monday 30th May to Sunday 5th June
Artists TBC. There will be a Small Zine Fair to end the week
• For more details or to get involved visit: http://alternativepress.org.uk/
Categories: British Comics