The Naked Artist, comic creator Bryan Talbot‘s prose book documenting the outrageous, daft and occasionally educational tales of the comic industry is now available in Kindle, iBook and several other formats including PDF.
If on the night of a comics convention you were to go to the the hotel bar and buy a few drinks for a comic book pro, you’d soon hear stories about his fellow creators – tales of drinking and drugs, of missed deadlines and missing pants, of maniacal editors and crazed fans. These are the urban legends of the comic industry.
Illustrated by Hunt Emerson, acclaimed graphic novelist Bryan Talbot (creator of the award-winning The Adventures of Luther Arkwright, The Tale of One Bad Rat, Alice in Sunderland and Grandville) saves you the cost of gin and tonics by bringing you this collection of the wild and hilarious anecdotes told by – and starring – some of comicdom’s leading lights. This expanded edition includes all the stories from the original print edition and more.
“It’s an updated edition with an extra few thousands words’ worth of stories,” Bryan tells us. “In fact, I was thinking of calling it The Naked Artist – Engorged!”
• The Naked Artist is available for the ludicrously low price of $2.99 (approx £1.86, or £2.13 for the Kindle edition in the UK). You can read the first 20% of The Naked Artist free here: www.combustoica.com/NakedArtist.php
• Buy The Naked Artist: Comic Book Legends (Kindle edition) from Amazon UK
• Buy The Naked Artist (iBook) from Apple UK
• Other eBook editions – Smashwords
• Buy The Naked Artist: Comic Book Legends (Kindle edition) from Amazon.com
• Buy The Naked Artist (Nook Edition – Barnes & Noble)
• Buy The Naked Artist (iBook) from Apple US
Categories: Digital Comics