Another enjoyable issue of Eagle Times is out now from the Eagle Society, featuring articles on Dan Dare, Riders of the Range, Cortes – Conqueror of Mexico and the secret wartime activities of Eagle editor Marcus Morris’ secretary.
This splendid Issue was prepared before the full onset of the Coronavirus Pandemic, and it’s clear the editorial team were looking forward to getting together with Society members to celebrate 70 years of Eagle in Southport next month.
Sadly, the get together has been cancelled, but this edition of Eagle Times at least affords some cheer for fans of the weekly comic with a great mix of features. Find out how to grab a copy below.
In This Issue…
• Dan Dare – The Evil One
An insightful commentary and review of the latest Titan Comics collection by Will Grenham – an edition that includes strips never officially collected before
• Vernon Holding – Chief Executive of Hulton Press by Richard Sheaf
Richard affords us some fascinating glimpses of the inner workings of the original Eagle publisher, accompanied by some terrific photographs from the period
• The Story of EAGLE’s Annuals Part Two by Joe Hoole
• Charles Chilton and the Indian Wars Part Eight by David Britton
David continues his journey through Eagle’s long-running western adventure
• Beth Fetherston WRNS, Marcus Morris’ Secretary by Jeremy Briggs
Wartime revelations and more; how one female member of Hulton Press secretly helped the Allies win World War Two and keep Britain safe
• Cortes – Conqueror of Mexico by Steve Winders
A fascinating look at the Eagle historical adventure strip by award-winning illustrator William Stobbs
• Dan Dare Studio Ideas Part Two
More behind the scenes secrets revealed about the intensive creative process behind the original “Dan Dare“ strip
• The Case of the Unwelcome Guest House Part One
A new Archie Willoughby adventure by Steve Winders
• The Story of a Train That Went Nowhere
An article about a proposed series about the Canadian Pacific Railway that EAGLE rejected
• Tail Pieces
Short news items compiled by David Britton
• Membership of THE EAGLE SOCIETY is via Annual Subscription to Eagle Times magazine, which is published four times annually. Please make cheques payable to the ‘Eagle Society’.
The Subscription rate for 2018 is: UK £29 | Overseas £40 (in £s Sterling, please)
Postal applications to: Eagle Society Membership Secretary Bob Corn, Wellcroft Cottage, Wellcroft, Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire LU7 9EF
If you wish to pay by Paypal (from your Paypal account to the e-mail address given below) we request that you make your payment as a GIFT)